Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

So we walk into a restaurant

Posted by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 9:58 AM
  • 12 Replies

Everytime we go out to eat Jordan starts looking under every table for gum! It looks so funny to see this little boy walking around to each empty table to see if there is gum. If there is gum, he will refuse to sit at the table! If we end up  sitting at a table that has gum under it, he will pull his chair far away from the table. Anybody else dealt with this? I know it sounds a little crazy!! 

by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 9:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ROGUEM
by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 10:01 AM

My children all have OCD quirks too so if they knew the table had gum underneath it they might act like this too...LOL

My middle son will reorganize the salt and pepper shakers and the other things on the table to make everything just right.

jordiesmom05
by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 10:04 AM

Yep, Jordan is good at re-organizing things. He does it all the time at the stores!

Quoting ROGUEM:

My children all have OCD quirks too so if they knew the table had gum underneath it they might act like this too...LOL

My middle son will reorganize the salt and pepper shakers and the other things on the table to make everything just right.

solen
by VintageMom on Jul. 10, 2012 at 10:13 AM
1 mom liked this

Well, it is pretty gross to find gum under the table WHILE your eating!!!  So I kind of see his point.  The slightest "yuckyness" at a restaurant table sends me into an OCD tizzy, but I have the opposite problem with my son, nothing grosses him out.  He once licked a stall door in the bathroom at Target while I was peeing.  I think he was sent my way to get me over my OCD!!!!  Your son and I sound like we are on the same page!

Krystal.Ingalls
by Member on Jul. 10, 2012 at 10:23 AM

I could see my son doing this.  Lol.  One time one of my grandmother's dining room chairs broke, so she got a replacement wheel for it, only it was white instead of brown like the other ones.  He spent a good hour crawling around the table trying to figure out why it was different when he was 3.  He still refuses to sit in that chair.  Lol.

Krystal.Ingalls
by Member on Jul. 10, 2012 at 10:25 AM

This reminds me of my son.  I had the bright idea to enroll him in a dance class since he loved music.  Bad idea.  He ran crazy and then proceeded to lick the floor.  Needless to say, we didn't go back.  Lol.  

Quoting solen:

Well, it is pretty gross to find gum under the table WHILE your eating!!!  So I kind of see his point.  The slightest "yuckyness" at a restaurant table sends me into an OCD tizzy, but I have the opposite problem with my son, nothing grosses him out.  He once licked a stall door in the bathroom at Target while I was peeing.  I think he was sent my way to get me over my OCD!!!!  Your son and I sound like we are on the same page!

jordiesmom05
by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 11:09 AM
That is something my son would do too!

Quoting Krystal.Ingalls:

I could see my son doing this.  Lol.  One time one of my grandmother's dining room chairs broke, so she got a replacement wheel for it, only it was white instead of brown like the other ones.  He spent a good hour crawling around the table trying to figure out why it was different when he was 3.  He still refuses to sit in that chair.  Lol.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mallowcup17
by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 11:12 AM
Gum on anything grosses me out but I don't check like that...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aspiemom0203
by on Jul. 10, 2012 at 12:14 PM
1 mom liked this
I wouldn't have thought to check, but I'm bringing him with me next time. It is gross!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
marisab
by Gold Member on Jul. 10, 2012 at 12:21 PM

never had that i actually i have to make sure theres no gum or johny might try to eat he still mouths

jaydensmom1726
by Bronze Member on Jul. 10, 2012 at 12:37 PM

jayden dont do that when we go out he wants  to sit under the table

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN