Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hey ladies, I want to ask you for your prayers. There are 2 little girls, ages 8 and 10, who went missing on Friday. They live in a small town not too far from me and things like this don't generally happen around here. This has shocked and devastated family and the community in general and many prayers are needed for the safe return of these girls.

The girls are cousins and were last seen on Friday afternoon by there Grandmother. The were riding their bikes around a small lake near their Grandmother's house and when they didn't return after a couple of hours, a search started. The girls' bikes were found near a trail around the perimeter of the lake and one of the girls' purse was found in the bushes near the bikes. They have dragged the lake and the girls were not found there.

It is SO sad and it has been on my mind non-stop since I heard about it on Friday. So please, if you ladies would, please pray for these young girls that they be found, safe and sound, and returned home to their families soon. I know the fact that they have been missing for so long is not a good thing, but we have to keep praying. The authorities have NO leads whatsoever, and have said there is nothing to go on and that it's like the girls have just "vanished" without a trace.

Thank you all for your prayers.

P.S.

I don't know how to add links and stuff, but if you go to http://www.wcfcourier.com/ or http://www.kwwl.com/, those are the local newspaper and TV stations that have the stories on their sites.

Thanks.

by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 11:23 PM
Replies (11-20):
Cassidysmom611
by Bronze Member on Jul. 16, 2012 at 8:43 AM

Prayers for those precious girls and their families. 

TristansMom440
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 8:51 AM

Prayers being lifted!!! 

aidensmomma508
by Wendy on Jul. 16, 2012 at 9:21 AM

im saying a prayer now

RockinMama0608
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 9:22 AM

Hoping that the girls are found and returned home safely!  ((hugs))

Momof5Boys610
by Ann on Jul. 16, 2012 at 9:34 AM
Thank you, thank you, thank you! Press conference scheduled for 11:00 a.m. today. From the chatter I've heard, they still have no clue or leads whatsoever. :-(
Momof5Boys610
by Ann on Jul. 16, 2012 at 1:11 PM

BUMP!

Austinsmom4544
by Silver Member on Jul. 16, 2012 at 1:14 PM

I just saw this on CNN has there been an Amber Alert at all?

Momof5Boys610
by Ann on Jul. 16, 2012 at 1:33 PM
No, no Amber Alert has been issued because the case doesn't meet the criteria for it. They had a press conference about an hour ago and there was still no clues or leads...nothing! It's so disheartening. It's like they just vanished without a trace. All local and state law enforcement agencies are involved, as well as FBI, DCI and The Center for Missing and Exploited Children. It's so scary how there is just NOTHING to go on. The family has said they believe the girls were taken, but there's no proof.

Quoting Austinsmom4544:

I just saw this on CNN has there been an Amber Alert at all?

marisab
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 2:19 PM

prayers that they find them qiockly

ROGUEM
by on Jul. 16, 2012 at 2:49 PM

This is so horrible.

I was just reading about this.

I hope they are found safe and sound.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)