Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

I grabbed him and marked him and I feel like crap!

Posted by on Jul. 18, 2012 at 9:15 AM
  • 17 Replies

This morning he did not wake up in a great mood, everyone is sleeping so he is screaming the living room and I grabbed his uper arm (forgot to cut my damn nails this week) so i left some nail marks on his upper arm... and I feel like crap... I spent an hour calming him down but he did, but I feel like crap, I hate the fact that he gets in a way that I can't fuction right, especially when half asleep and I have a screaming kid running around, cause he screams like someone is killing him, so i grabbed him and I marked him and it sucks..... 

by on Jul. 18, 2012 at 9:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
justfiveofus
by on Jul. 18, 2012 at 9:18 AM
1 mom liked this

*hugs*  We all have those hard day!  It will get better, hang in there.

marisab
by Gold Member on Jul. 18, 2012 at 9:39 AM
1 mom liked this

I been there ..i am sure we all ahve at some point or other but look at this way be lad u felt bad if u didnt u would have to second guess why your a mom and mos make mistakes

BaBeezandMe
by Member on Jul. 18, 2012 at 9:41 AM
Been there! HUGS Momma!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momtoscott
by on Jul. 18, 2012 at 9:46 AM
3 moms liked this

I'm sorry things got out of control.  It's easy to forget how much bigger we are when they're young and we're exhausted and not focusing well.  Don't beat yourself up too much.  I'm sure you'll use the experience to remind yourself to be more gentle next time. 

Did you apologize to him?  It was an accident and you didn't mean to leave a mark, but it's good modeling to our kids to show them that's what you do if somebody gets hurt, say sorry. 

aidensmomma508
by Wendy on Jul. 18, 2012 at 12:58 PM

((hugs))

greenmommo
by on Jul. 18, 2012 at 1:20 PM
Hugs, mama. We are human. All we can do is apologize and find a better way to do things.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
badgermom2012
by on Jul. 18, 2012 at 2:57 PM

Nobody is perfect.  Tomorrow is a new day.  

salamandersmom
by on Jul. 18, 2012 at 3:02 PM
1 mom liked this

Sweetie, bottom line is that it's not your normal behavior, and your son was probably more startled to see you coming down like the wrath of God, and we all have days where we are not at our stellar best.  Trust me, you'll have other days where you feel like crap.  I oughta know.  (mother of five)  I have punished the wrong kid, yelled so loud I could feel my eyes bulging out, days where you snap and take your crappy mood out on others around you.  We sigh, take a deep breath, pray for patience (because face it, if you prayed for strength,  you might beat someone to death.) and we do our best to move on.   You are not a bad mother.  There is no handbook, and we make mistakes.  sad but true.

lasombrs
by Sara on Jul. 18, 2012 at 4:16 PM

*hugs* it happens. I have had it happen just from him trying to twist away and I am not holding hard or have sharp nails. Its just his struggling out of nowhere, or a hang nail or who knows what and then there is a scratch. it does suck though

LIMom1105
by Silver Member on Jul. 18, 2012 at 5:16 PM

I'm sorry this happened, but as others have said, it happens (hugs).

All you can do is tell him you are very sorry, give him big hugs, and try to avoid it again.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)