Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Extra-curricular Activities for fall?

Posted by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 10:26 AM
  • 36 Replies

Are you enrolling your kids in any extracurricular activity(ies) for fall?

Any musicians in our midst? I know momtoscott's son ...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 10:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mallowcup17
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 10:27 AM
1 mom liked this

selena will be doing soccer again :)

greenmommo
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 10:30 AM
The pic above is from flag football 2 years (?) ago.

Nicole tells me she can play basketball and wants to do it. She also wants to do Girl Scouts and I got an email about a SN group (troupe?)
in our area but she insists she wants to go SN. I discussed that she may have problems with that, but she insists she wants to try.

I'll look into basketball, but she hasn't done well with sports that require understanding teamwork or plays.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lilnose02
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 10:37 AM
1 mom liked this

Hopefully something through Special Olympics...my son is 4 with ASD and not ready to try karate or organized sports.  We're hoping he can continue his class at The Little Gym, too.

justfiveofus
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 10:40 AM
1 mom liked this

Let's see... the boys will both do soccer, my oldest will do football as well.  Our daughter will do a Jr. Volunteer program at the humane society as well as color guard camp and cheer camp.  The boys will probably do boy scouts again as well. 

This is less than we did last year... already it seems crazy to me!  lol  Also, our school offers after school programs so the kids will each do one of those a week. Our oldest son will do at least karate the youngest probably bowling (it's his favorite lol) and our daughter probably art or something like that.   

greenmommo
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 10:44 AM
How long has she been doing soccer? Does she do well understanding her role as part of the team?

Quoting mallowcup17:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
greenmommo
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 10:45 AM
That does seem like a lot! Does the whole family go to watch? Or do you try to split it up?

Quoting justfiveofus:

Let's see... the boys will both do soccer, my oldest will do football as well.  Our daughter will do a Jr. Volunteer program at the humane society as well as color guard camp and cheer camp.  The boys will probably do boy scouts again as well. 

This is less than we did last year... already it seems crazy to me!  lol  Also, our school offers after school programs so the kids will each do one of those a week. Our oldest son will do at least karate the youngest probably bowling (it's his favorite lol) and our daughter probably art or something like that.   

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mallowcup17
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 10:45 AM

this will be her second year 3rd season - the league has a fall and spring program and this past year she did both. 

yes she actually picked up on soccer very quickly. the teams are great and the coaches work one on one with all the kids so she had an awesome time...and is looking forward to it again...and this is a regular town league..

Quoting greenmommo:

How long has she been doing soccer? Does she do well understanding her role as part of the team?

Quoting mallowcup17:

justfiveofus
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 10:49 AM

We all try to go support eachother.  Our community is awesome in the fact that they make games and practices so that the kids can do all sports if they want.  What I don't know is how scouts will fit in or if it will this year.... that's kind of something we'll play by ear. 

We don't go to the after school stuff, except karate when they do their testing. 

Quoting greenmommo:

That does seem like a lot! Does the whole family go to watch? Or do you try to split it up?

Quoting justfiveofus:

greenmommo
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 10:49 AM
That's great. Nicole's soccer coaches-through the Y-were actually pretty bad coaches. Unfortunately. In 3 seasons if playing, I think they won 4 games. One season-none at all. The coaches frequently canceled practice and a couple had never coaches before and seemed focused only on their kid playing. It was very frustrating.

Quoting mallowcup17:

this will be her second year 3rd season - the league has a fall and spring program and this past year she did both. 

yes she actually picked up on soccer very quickly. the teams are great and the coaches work one on one with all the kids so she had an awesome time...and is looking forward to it again...and this is a regular town league..

Quoting greenmommo:

Quoting mallowcup17:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
greenmommo
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 10:51 AM
We go too-I forgot my SD is in Tae Kwando too-she just tested for 2nd degree black belt. We go to testings and tournaments.

Quoting justfiveofus:

We all try to go support eachother.  Our community is awesome in the fact that they make games and practices so that the kids can do all sports if they want.  What I don't know is how scouts will fit in or if it will this year.... that's kind of something we'll play by ear. 

We don't go to the after school stuff, except karate when they do their testing. 

Quoting greenmommo:

Quoting justfiveofus:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)