Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Reading Moms

Posted by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 12:55 PM
  • 32 Replies

What are you reading right now?

And what is your favorite book to read to your kids?

reading

by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 12:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RockinMama0608

I am reading a free book on my Kindle called Through the Door by Jodi McIsaac.  I am not usually one to read these types of books but it is actually very good!

Favorite children's book to read to the kids is Gobble Gobble Crash!  A Barnyard Counting Bash by Julie Stiegemeyer

greenmommo
1 mom liked this
Nothing at the moment.

Ben won't sit still to have any book read to him. We are working on that with behavior therapy. Nicole & I would read The Cat & the Hat at least everyday when she was younger.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mallowcup17
1 mom liked this

the last thing i read was fahrenheit 451. 

some of the kids favorite books are "I Love you forever", "the silly hotdog" and various fairy/princess stories

Leobaby2007
2 moms liked this
I am reading Gone Girl, by Gillian Flynn on my vacation. It's so good I can barely tear myself away. I highly recommend it. I saw it was given a terrific review in a magazine as well so I know I'm not the only one who thinks it's excellent.

Unlike me, Donovan has never been much into books, but he likes Thomas the Train and Dora (he loves Boots the monkey)- really any book that he can lift flaps on. It has to be interactive in order for him to pay attention.
thatgirl70
1 mom liked this

I'm reading G'Day USA by Tony McFadden.

I guess I would say the SkippyJon Jones books and the Pigeon series of books by Mo Willems. Those are the ones that bring him the most joy.

RockinMama0608
1 mom liked this

I may have to read that after I am finished with this book  :)  I love books that I can't tear myself away from!

Quoting Leobaby2007:

I am reading Gone Girl, by Gillian Flynn on my vacation. It's so good I can barely tear myself away. I highly recommend it. I saw it was given a terrific review in a magazine as well so I know I'm not the only one who thinks it's excellent.

Unlike me, Donovan has never been much into books, but he likes Thomas the Train and Dora (he loves Boots the monkey)- really any book that he can lift flaps on. It has to be interactive in order for him to pay attention.

momtoscott
2 moms liked this

I'm reading A Disposition to be Rich by Geoffrey Ward. It's about the Bernie Madoff of the 19th century, a guy named Ferdinand Ward, who actually is the author's great grandfather.  He bankrupted U.S. Grant and a whole bunch of Wall Street in 1882.  It's very interesting. 

DS does his own reading, but back in the day my favorite book to read him was called Counting Crocodiles (I'm pretty sure that was the name of it).  It's about a trickster monkey.  I can still remember the first couple of lines, even though it's been about nine years:  "On an island in the middle of the Sarabibble Sea, lived a clever little monkey and a sour lemon tree."  Well, I'm not sure of the name of the sea.  I used to recite this to DS when he needed to calm down or go to sleep. 

KimberlyK
1 mom liked this
Respecting Autism - The Rebecca School DIR case book for Parents and Professionals. I've read a couple case studies that sound a lot like DS. Hoping the IEP team will be receptive to reading a couple chapters including Dr. Greenspan's suggestions.
newmommy430
by Silver Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 12:55 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm not reading anything right now, but I have a list of books that I want to read. I plan on checking the library first thought.

My son has really been wanting to read "Not Norman; A Goldfish Story". I like to read "I Love You Stinky Face".
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jb21ts

50 Shades of Grey......Struggling to get through it...Trying to figure out what the hype is all about. And to my kids I read them a story out of their farytails book. They love them all. =)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)