Hmmmm some of you are going who dat???lol ok enough teasing ya cause......
Congrats Aly (and mama Katie) this week is your kids week and here is your prize a custom made tag to display;-)
And i asked katie and aly to fill out a questionnaaire all about aly here are the results...
My gorgeous girl, Alysse Vienne — we just call her Aly — is an amazing 3-year-old with PDD-NOS. In daily life, I simply forget she has autism. I view her as my normal little girl who happens to be behind in some areas, and we're working on those. I don't take a single thing for granted though. If she does something new, you'd better believe I'm celebrating it. I'm always the positive poster in the group. Those positive posts pretty much go -- "Aly did another something new, so I'm sharing!"
Aly loves to draw, color and paint. Below are pictures of one of each. Captions just above them:
Painting an abstract rainbow... and herself!... this evening.
She drew a more recognizable rainbow and wrote her name during Group Therapy. She even corrected her teacher for spelling her name wrong!
And she drew a picture of me in my Mother's Day card! These works are precious!
- Mom:What is one thing about your child you love?hate? I love, love, love how affectionate and happy she is. She truly is a joy to be around. Hate? I don't *hate* anything about her, but I *could* do without the tantrums and meltdowns.
- Child:what is one thing about parents you love?you hate? (Aly doesn't answer questions asked of her unless they are yes, no questions, so I'll answer for you.) Aly loves that Mommie will run around the table racing cars with her for 30-minute stretches, because doing it w/ two people is so much better than just one.
- what are her fave colors? Whenever she's painting, she goes for red and blue first, so I suppose those are her favorites She's never voiced a favorite.
- is your child in school?what grade?do they have an iep? Aly does have an IEP, but it's very generalized (the standard one they give people leaving EI for the school system). She is in special ed pre-k and just did the summer school (month of July). Now we have a month off before regular school starts. After about a month, I'm going to request a meeting to go over the IEP to see if her teacher agrees with the goals or wants to revise.
- how old are they? She just turned 3 on June 1.
- what is there diagnosis or are they still pending a diagnosis? She received the diagnosis of PDD-NOS last July. I can't believe it's already been a year! I remember when each day felt like an eternity as I was learning to navigate this funny, mixed up autism world!
- when were they (are they being) diagnosed? Oh, I jumped the gun, she was diagnosed July 27, 2011, nearly two full months after her 2nd birthday.
- what is the funnys thing they have said or done? She is saying all sorts of funny things, but of course I can't remember any of them right now. Will have to get back to you before my week is up. Hmm... one is that when I tell her Paw Paw is coming over, her response is, "I LIKE swimming pools!" (He always takes her swimming, so she makes that connection.)
- WHAT is the one quirk u love about them?hate about them? I love how much she loves her stuffed animals and wants both of us to give them kisses at bed time. But, it's getting out of hand, so this is both a love/hate quirk. When we have to give 20 kisses each because she keeps bringing more and more to bed, it makes me crazy! Still, beditme is my favorite routine of the day!
Ok ladies !!Its your turn ask katie and aly a question or leave them a prezie or both !!and dont forget to sign up your super star cause too us they are always superstars!!
on Aug. 3, 2012 at 2:01 PM