Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

Introducing Myself

Posted by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 12:56 PM
  • 9 Replies

Hi! My name is Tina, just wanted to tell you a little about myself. I just turned 40 on August 5th. Didn't take it well, but anyway my husband Jamie and I have been married for 16 years. We have a son Trevor who is 15, and also he has Autism. He was diagnosed when he was 2. It's been a hard journey as I'm sure you know. I started homeschooling Trevor once he got out of elementary school. We did not want him in middle school here. It's very bad, with gangs, and also the shadow Trevor had for 5 years Mrs. Jefferson wanted be him anymore. So I quit my job, I was a church secretary. This will be our 3rd year homeschooling. It works out pretty well once we get our routine done. Trevor has problems focusing, and we take a lot of breaks, which makes for a long day. My husband is in the military, so sometimes it's just me. It gets hard when he has he's meltdowns, but I've learned a lot from Trevor's OT Therapist. About pressure points, and brushing. It's really helped. I look forward to talking to you guys. It's really nice to talk to another mother who knows exactly how you feel. Talk to you soon!    Tina Scarbro

simple smile

by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 12:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Austinsmom4544
by Silver Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 12:56 PM

Welcome to the Group :)  I'm Dawn and I have a 14 yr old son Austin who has autism. 

Aspiemom0203
Welcome to the group!
CrystalMK

Hi Tina, It is very nice to meet you! I have a son Jacob who was also diagnosed with autism when her was 2. He is no turning 9 next week. I do know it is very hard sometimes. Thank goodness we have cafemom to talk to others. I look forward to getting to know you.

welcome to cafemom

Blue231
by Bronze Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 12:56 PM
Hi! Glad the homeschooling is working out. It's nice to have you here.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jordiesmom05
Hi Tina, welcome to the group! My name is Melissa and I have a 6 year old son Jordan with Aspergers.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Dec. 7, 2012 at 12:56 PM

Hi Tina, welcome to the group!  It sounds like you've figured out a lot of ways to really help Trevor succeed.  :)

greenmommo
Hi Tina! I'm Shelly and I have a 9 year old daughter and a two year old son with Aspergers.

This group has been a great help to me. There are a lot of wondrful ladies in here.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TheCrooners
Welcome Tina! I'm also a homeschooler and my husband is active duty military. I have two sons ages 12 (Autistic) and 10 (aspergers). Glad to have you in the group!
RockinMama0608

Hello Tina, and welcome to the group!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)