Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

Do you want to talk to a professional who can help you with issues relating to diagnosis, treatment, or something else? Here is a select list of resources that may be helpful.

Autism Response Team - a group organized by Autistm Speaks. They are trained to help families with the day-to-day challenges of living with autism. Contact: 1-888-AUTISM2 (288-4762) or familyservices@autismspeaks.org

State-by-State Resources: Find information on intervention, health services, advocates, and much more for your state: http://www.autismspeaks.org/community/fsdb/search.php?chgst=true

The 100 Day Kit: This is for families who've just recently received a diagnosis of Autism/Aspergers. You can download the books in .pdf form (one is for Autism, the other is for Aspergers.  http://www.autismspeaks.org/community/family_services/100_day_kit.php

Abreviations used in this group: Autism Acronyms * viewable on mobile*

Additional Resources: 
Autism Society of America
Autism Speaks
National Center for Learning Disabilities

Autism-PDD.Net
A Parents Guide to Autism Spectrum Disorders  
Interactive Autism Network 
TACA 
Personal Ponies 
15 Tips For Families Dealing with Autism 
CDC Learn the Signs 
Free Videos for Autistic Kids 
Raising Extra Special Kids 
G'Ma's Monkey Business
Facebook Pages for Autism  
Reading Lists for Autistic Teens 
Autism Resource Guide
Autism Curriculum Encyclopedia 

City & StateOrganizations 
The Autism Friendly Gui
de to Pennsylvania 
Pennsylvania Elks Home Service Program

Social Story links

Link to old Resources for Families post: Resources for Families

Do you have a resource you recommend?  Share it by replying to this post and we may add it to the list.

by on Jan. 12, 2014 at 1:36 PM
Replies (51-60):
Mommaloveof2
by New Member on Jan. 15, 2014 at 5:21 PM

Hey I'm looking into applying for social security disability for my 3 year old with ASD , I was wondering if any of you ladies have it or have gone through the processes of applying for it ?

she-ra2000
by Deborah on Jan. 16, 2014 at 8:22 AM

Thank you. Believe me they'll come. I'm a hairstylist at a walmart salon, and I keep running in to clients with a child or another loved one on the spectrum. So I figured we should all get together and fight(lol) the schools together. We had our 2nd meeting last thursday and we went from about 3 members incl. me, to about 7. And our small local paper has a Living on the go section for the community for free, so i submitted the meeting, and am going to continue to do so. Then the paper called me and did a story on ASD and included my info, sparks have been flying ever since. So don't give up on the idea,just pray about it, and follow your heart.

Quoting TheJerseyGirl:

I just love what you are doing! We don;t have that here in NJ...maybe I should start one but I always wonder if anyone will show up!

Quoting she-ra2000:

I live in Aiken,SC and I've started a support group for parents and family members that have a loved one on the spectrum. Click the link https://www.facebook.com/groups/asdconnections/ to join. We'll be having monthly meetings and planning activities for our children. We also have a member of the SC Autism Society who works with the Parent-School Partnership.

she-ra2000
by Deborah on Jan. 16, 2014 at 8:25 AM
1 mom liked this

You can apply and see what happens, but I'm waiting for a decision on my 2nd appeal. I guess it depends on how severe your child is in their opinion. So good luck :)

Quoting Mommaloveof2:

Hey I'm looking into applying for social security disability for my 3 year old with ASD , I was wondering if any of you ladies have it or have gone through the processes of applying for it ?

lenoratell1
by Member on Feb. 2, 2014 at 8:36 PM
1 mom liked this
Super helpful, thank you for taking the time to put this together
RonaMomOf3Boys
by New Member on Feb. 19, 2014 at 2:01 PM

I wanted to say thank you for the links of resources. Some of them I already had. However just a heads up to anyone. When I clicked on the Autism-PDD one I got a virus. Thank god my anti-virus caught it. :(

letstalk747
by Silver Member on Mar. 9, 2014 at 12:25 AM

excellent , thanks

LDunn888
by New Member on Mar. 25, 2014 at 11:42 AM

I have used the Stages Language Builder cards for several years to help build language and they now released an app! Much more affordable than the cards and obviously more durable. My son LOVES using the iPad so it is a perfect fit! http://bit.ly/1dWol1E

Cafe-ole
by Cindy on Apr. 10, 2014 at 10:41 AM
Great list! Thanks.
JTMOM422
by Brenda on Apr. 15, 2014 at 7:26 PM

Great list of resources

LDunn888
by New Member on Apr. 21, 2014 at 4:21 PM

I stumbled upon some great free ABA flashcards and data tracking sheets! I love these cards, but I hate the price so I've never invested. Maybe this is a good way to test the waters? Has anyone used them or are familiar with these cards? http://bit.ly/1taEvLo

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)