Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

has your child ever said something to you that hurt your feelings??

Posted by   + Show Post

so today my son xavier was having such a good time eating popcorn and watching a movie at school today he told me to go away!!! i was walking into the class to pick him up and as soon as he seen me hes like pushing me go go i dont want you in my class. I guess he dont need me anymore. And then we get home and my younger son Rigo was having a tantrum becasue he wanted a cookie instead of dinner. He said i dont like you mommy and ran upstairs. Wow they both hurt my feelings today lol

by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 9:21 PM
Replies (21-29):
MomOfOneCoolKid
by Gold Member on Aug. 11, 2012 at 11:39 PM

Quoting Kittie26:

Awww ((HUGS)) I'm sorry!

Last night, Aly was mad at me for not letting her take the ipad to bed. She was already upset, and then I tried to give her a kiss goodnight and she said no. I kissed her on her cheek, and she said "OW!" and rubbed at it like I'd really hurt her by giving her a little kiss. :(

Gabe does stuff like this all the time.

Actually Gabe has been a grudgy little thing since he was a BABY!

I kid you not. When he was 5 or 6 (maybe 7?) months old, I was clearing his nose because it got stuffed up with nasal spray and a baby bulb but i guess i did it too much because he started to bleed and cry. I held him. Huged on him. Kiss. Kiss. Sorry. Sorry. Cry. Cry. Cry.

His dad comes in and holds him and he stops crying and gives me the stink eye! I hold him again -- cry cry cry!

When we've had a "spat" because he doesn't want to get out of the bath at night, and I put him to sleep, we pray:

"Thank you Jesus for Daddy for Mommy for this day. In your name we pray, amen."

He repeats every single part -- and skips "for Mommy!" hehehe

MomOfOneCoolKid
by Gold Member on Aug. 11, 2012 at 11:41 PM

Quoting Aspiemom0203:

Yeah, Jacob looked at me in my new bikini and snickered. I was so upset I changed. Until then I was so proud of myself. In Jan I was a size 16. I lost 60 lbs and am a size 5 at 5'8". I thought I was finally looking ok, boy was I wrong!!

size 5 at 5'8"... i'd wear a bikini :)

marisab
by Gold Member on Aug. 12, 2012 at 12:23 AM

BUMP!

marisab
by Gold Member on Aug. 12, 2012 at 3:29 AM

So sorry that everyone had hurt  eelings from there kids not looking forward 2 that but you know it well happen eventually!!all kids do!!

by Bronze Member on Aug. 12, 2012 at 4:22 AM
My dh was buckling R into her car seat and she said "stop it monster". It really hurt his feelings. It was kind if funny, but he didn't think so.

Tonight she told me "momma! You make me sad!" and "that's not nice!" every time I put her back into her bed when she got out. Again, I thought it was kind of funny. All I could think was that she does listen when I tell her something made some one sad and that it wasn't nice.
Aspiemom0203
by on Aug. 12, 2012 at 9:32 AM
I think he laughed because I have a baby tummy, you know the stretch marks. And I'm 36.

Quoting MomOfOneCoolKid:

Quoting Aspiemom0203:

Yeah, Jacob looked at me in my new bikini and snickered. I was so upset I changed. Until then I was so proud of myself. In Jan I was a size 16. I lost 60 lbs and am a size 5 at 5'8". I thought I was finally looking ok, boy was I wrong!!

size 5 at 5'8"... i'd wear a bikini :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
badgermom2012
by on Aug. 12, 2012 at 2:30 PM
2 moms liked this

Any child whether NT or not doesn't have the decision making and observational abilities of an adult.  And kids on the spectrum are typically emotionally immature, and of course there are all the communication issues that come into play.  So, I just think it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to be too emotionally invested in all their commentary.  And if you're waiting for a 3 or 4 yr old to tell you that you're doing a great job as a mom and he's really happy with his therapy, well keep waitng, lol.  

Quoting MomOfOneCoolKid:

Quoting badgermom2012:

Well, no.  My son is 3 going on 4 and I'm just glad he's talking and not still nonverbal like he was a year or so ago.  And this statement isn't directed at anyone in particular, but  I think as adults we should be mature enough to take things with a grain of salt and not depend on our children for emotional validation.  

Tough but so true.

God that hits me. Its true, I do look to my son for emotional validation.

I question my every move and decision with him. Am I helping me? Did I just screw up? etc. I guess you have to have a plan and know with 100% certainty that that is the right thing to do? I don't know.

Austinsmom4544
by Silver Member on Aug. 12, 2012 at 3:27 PM

I guess having a teen I have heard a lot worse, lol but still it stings at first.  Now it doesn't phase me I know my son is saying it when he's angry or frustrated and doesn't mean it. 

littlenancy1
by on Aug. 12, 2012 at 10:00 PM

one time i had both of my sons tell me that they didnt like me

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)