Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

OT, just need a listener

Posted by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 12:52 PM
  • 17 Replies

I don't have anywhere else to talk about this, so here I am.  My dad is having surgery on Tuesday for a severely detached retina.  Sx is about 4 hrs long, then his recovery will be about 2 weeks of lying face down in some apparatus thingie.  Once that's healed he goes back for cataract sx. 

That's the back story.  Thursday I went to dr. (took forever to get appt. b/c it's a clinic that does sliding scale since I have no insurance).  Anyways..went there to get them to check my thyroid levels (I'm hyperthyroid).  Well, my blood pressure was very high.  Like...I have only seen those numbers the last week of my pregnancy!  I have to go back in 2 weeks for re-check.  I really want to call my mom & dad b/c I haven't been feeling well, but I don't want them to have added worry on top of my dad's upcoming sx.  And I know I could call my MIL, but she is the biggest worrier and will probably drive me crazy by calling me 24 hrs a day.  DH is no help, he just shrugs it off and says "welcome to the club" b/c he has high BP.  But I am freaking out...maybe I shouldn't, but I am.

by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 12:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
myfirstborn04
1 mom liked this
Hugs- why shouldn't you be worried, your only human. I know your role as supermom is supposed to keep you strong and invincible.LOL truth is we need help sometimes to. We catch our kids cooties and have our own female issues driving our hormones crazy. I pray all goes well with your dad's surgery and I prey your thyroid levels come back down. I'm a worrier myselfalways thinking the worst. Hang in there and try not to stress!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sheriff6
by Bronze Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 12:52 PM
2 moms liked this
Hey girl hugs from Texas. As a mom I would want to know anything about my children so I believe you should tell them but you know them best. I'm going to ask you something personal, are you a believer? God can take away the fear and worry so give it to Him and start taking care of yourself to try to get that blood pressure down.

I'm saying a prayer right now for you.

Grandma KK
Blue231
by Bronze Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 12:52 PM
Hi! Just want you to know I'm thinking of you! I hope everything works out ok and you and your Dad get well soon. My MIL had that eye surgery and had to lay still in the special chair for weeks. It was scary, but I want you to know she is doing great now. I hope things get better soon with your bp. Take care!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RockinMama0608
3 moms liked this

I am thinking of you and your dad, Tisha  ((Hugs))  You know that we are always here to listen if you ever need to cry or vent.  Take care!

TristansMom440

Thanks for letting me know about your MIL!  That makes me feel better!

Quoting Blue231:

Hi! Just want you to know I'm thinking of you! I hope everything works out ok and you and your Dad get well soon. My MIL had that eye surgery and had to lay still in the special chair for weeks. It was scary, but I want you to know she is doing great now. I hope things get better soon with your bp. Take care!

TristansMom440

Yes, I am a believer...thanks for asking.  :-)  I know He tells us not to worry...I am a work in progress on that one!

I did finally tell my MIL about an hour ago...I just couldn't keep it from her.  Talked to my dad earlier and really wanted to say something, but never did. 

Thanks for your hugs & prayers!

Quoting Sheriff6:

Hey girl hugs from Texas. As a mom I would want to know anything about my children so I believe you should tell them but you know them best. I'm going to ask you something personal, are you a believer? God can take away the fear and worry so give it to Him and start taking care of yourself to try to get that blood pressure down.

I'm saying a prayer right now for you.

Grandma KK

Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Dec. 7, 2012 at 12:52 PM
1 mom liked this

feel better  I hope you feel better soon.  Your dad will be in my thoughts, too.

twins0506
by Holly on Dec. 7, 2012 at 12:52 PM
1 mom liked this
Im sorry you're all going thru this. Good luck when you go back to the doctor next. Hugs!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
greenmommo
1 mom liked this
Thank you for telling us. First, although it's hard, worry will only make it worse. Do you have a course of action for your BP?

I do hope your dad pulls through the surgery and recovery ok.

Hugs, mama-that's a lot of medical stuff all at once.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HFBMOM
by Julie on Dec. 7, 2012 at 12:52 PM
2 moms liked this

(((hugs))) Remember, there are positive steps you can take to control your blood pressure, including diet, exercise and medicine. Also, know that your blood pressure varies from hour to hour, much less day to day. If you had a stressful morning, a hard time parking, or even a long wait in the clinic, that can/will change your blood pressure. That said...

Good luck with your father's surgery, and your health. That is a lot to have on your plate.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)