Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

My dad has decided he's most likely marrying this woman he just met in November in the Philippines. I am so upset. He knows I already have plans in Nov and no money to attend. It's like he's only thinking of himself. Aly and I are just tossed out the window. I'm so upset. Seriously. :(

by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 12:50 PM
Replies (11-13):
NightMist

Maybe you want to talk to him and arrange a bit of a gathering for shortly after he brings her home?

Do think about the fact that they will be having the wedding where her mom can attend, and then moving very very far away from her.  You will get your dad back, her mom is losing her and depending on everything may never see her again. How often will she get to see her kids and grandkids once she marries your dad?  I am not trying to make you feel bad about how you feel, but if you look at it from that perspective it is a bit different yeah?

It is not just a wedding, it is a good-bye party.

aidensmomma508
by Wendy on Dec. 7, 2012 at 12:50 PM

((hugs)) sometimes people do that, my brother aloped in vegas and i had no idea, at least you know

RockinMama0608

I am glad that you two talked about it.  I understand if she wants to get married and have her family attend, especially if she is planning on moving to the states.  Kind of like a last big celebration before she leaves, kwim?  Are they open to having another ceremony  when he gets back home?  That way your family can get together to celebrate?  (This is assuming that she is coming back to the states with him)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN