Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

Would you take this personally?

Posted by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 12:47 PM
  • 25 Replies

I know we are not supposed to assume that every FB post is about us....LOL....but I am just a little upset by this.  Would you be mad?  I posted this over the weekend:

I wish there was an "easy" button to block all the political stuff when I log on FB. LOL I just wanna see pictures of my friends kids, cats & other furry creatures! :)

And today my "friend" posts this:

I have one thing to say. For all of you who get on here and talk about how you're "tired of getting on here and seeing a bunch of political posts", you may be tired of seeing all of it, but I'm tired of getting on here and seeing your complaining about the political post. It goes both ways... I'm not saying this goes for EVERYONE who says this, but the majority of them.
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 12:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mallowcup17
1 mom liked this
Don't take it personally. Fb is a venting tool
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
greenmommo
1 mom liked this
Eh, I probably would have, but I'm going to tell you not to. :) this is a crazy time of year and people are going to get offensive and offended.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Austinsmom4544
by Silver Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 12:47 PM

Um probably, but it wouldn't bother me!  lol  I try to ignore all that stuff :)

TristansMom440

I know!  I really don't mind different articles people post, even if I don't agree with them.....it's the hateful pictures and name calling that gets to me.  I just think it's uncalled for and people don't think about who's feelings they might be hurting.

Quoting greenmommo:

Eh, I probably would have, but I'm going to tell you not to. :) this is a crazy time of year and people are going to get offensive and offended.

greenmommo
I agree. I don't understand how people can be so insensitive to call people who are of the opposite party stupid. I see a lot of that. 1st, if they really think that, I really don't want them around and second-how can people not take into consideration all the people who may not feel like bashing along with them. So insensitive.

Quoting TristansMom440:

I know!  I really don't mind different articles people post, even if I don't agree with them.....it's the hateful pictures and name calling that gets to me.  I just think it's uncalled for and people don't think about who's feelings they might be hurting.

Quoting greenmommo:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mallowcup17
I agree too. I try to keep my Fb free of politics

Quoting greenmommo:

I agree. I don't understand how people can be so insensitive to call people who are of the opposite party stupid. I see a lot of that. 1st, if they really think that, I really don't want them around and second-how can people not take into consideration all the people who may not feel like bashing along with them. So insensitive.

Quoting TristansMom440:

Quoting greenmommo:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TristansMom440
4 moms liked this

I did figure out that if I clicked on "hide post", it gave me an option to decide what posts I see from that person, so I un-checked "other" (which is like all the shared photos people post).  After I did that...now I don't see anything from that one particular person anymore which cut down on 80% of the crap I was seeing every 2 minutes on my news feed!  ;-)

amonkeymom
by Amy on Dec. 7, 2012 at 12:47 PM

I agree.... it would bother me because I'm sensitive, but try not to let it.

Quoting greenmommo:

isotoner
by Bronze Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 12:47 PM
1 mom liked this

I also stay away from politics.  Most of them on both sides are liars and crooks anyway...especially in my corrupt State of Illinois.

Quoting mallowcup17:

I agree too. I try to keep my Fb free of politics

Quoting greenmommo:

Quoting TristansMom440:

Quoting greenmommo:

isotoner
by Bronze Member on Dec. 7, 2012 at 12:47 PM
1 mom liked this

Good for you.  Now you can enjoy FB again.

Quoting TristansMom440:

I did figure out that if I clicked on "hide post", it gave me an option to decide what posts I see from that person, so I un-checked "other" (which is like all the shared photos people post).  After I did that...now I don't see anything from that one particular person anymore which cut down on 80% of the crap I was seeing every 2 minutes on my news feed!  ;-)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN