Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

my son speaks out about being autistic. (short video)

Posted by on Sep. 7, 2012 at 8:35 PM
  • 22 Replies
8 moms liked this

Living with Autism - The quirky kitty.

Our autistic Family - A Dad's point of view on living with Autism

by on Sep. 7, 2012 at 8:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kittie26
by on Sep. 7, 2012 at 8:39 PM
2 moms liked this

Oh my gosh, Emma, can I share this on facebook? I almost cried watching it just to know how brilliant he is and how he is bullied and how self-aware he is! I think everyone should see it.

justbrittanyb
by on Sep. 7, 2012 at 8:39 PM
2 moms liked this
Love this, I work with autistic preschoolers and most of the time they are nonverbal or have a very limited vocabulary so I rarely get to hear how they think and feel about certain things. Your son has a great way of expressing himself. Give yourself a pat on the back, I think he will help to bring awareness to everyone around him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kajira
by Emma on Sep. 7, 2012 at 8:40 PM
3 moms liked this

yes you may. He and I are going to make it a life goal to speak out and educate. So please feel free. He's already talking about how when he grows up he wants to become like temple grandin and write books!

Quoting Kittie26:

Oh my gosh, Emma, can I share this on facebook? I almost cried watching it just to know how brilliant he is and how he is bullied and how self-aware he is! I think everyone should see it.

smarieljlee
by Sara on Sep. 7, 2012 at 8:44 PM
3 moms liked this
I adore him
Kittie26
by on Sep. 7, 2012 at 8:45 PM

Will you remind me of how old he is? I want to say so when I post it.

I'm glad you've decided to go that route. When you first were talking to me about your book, you weren't even sure you wanted to use your real name, so I didn't know how you felt about this stuff being shared.

Quoting kajira:

yes you may. He and I are going to make it a life goal to speak out and educate. So please feel free. He's already talking about how when he grows up he wants to become like temple grandin and write books!

Quoting Kittie26:

kajira
by Emma on Sep. 7, 2012 at 8:46 PM

first name being shared is fine. :) 

He's 8 1/2 - in 3rd grade. I will write, but probably publish with out using my last name. LOL I'm weird like that. It's not "me" if I don't give my last name ^.^ LOL

Quoting Kittie26:

I'm glad you've decided to go that route. When you first were talking to me about your book, you weren't even sure you wanted to use your real name, so I didn't know how you felt about this stuff being shared.

Quoting kajira:

Quoting Kittie26:

kaiser10123
by on Sep. 7, 2012 at 8:48 PM
1 mom liked this
This made me cry...I truly adore your son and he's perfect just the way he is. Having my child mistreated is my biggest fear but we'll get thru it. Thanks again!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tictacmama
by Arlea on Sep. 7, 2012 at 9:01 PM
1 mom liked this

He's such a smart little guy! I hope he does speak out like Temple when he gets older. Good job raising him so well :)

Kittie26
by on Sep. 7, 2012 at 9:05 PM

So... you all will have your real first names and fake last names when you publish? Perfectly understandable. But if you both do become as ubiquitous as Temple in the autism world, that fake name will basically become your new one and people will have ways of finding at least your public self. I very much understand the want to keep public and private separate. Sometimes I wish that I'd used a different name even when publishing poetry I wrote 10-15 years ago, but too late now. lol Now, if a future employer does a google search, they'll find all that crappy teen angst stuff I put out there once upon a time. lol (Not exactly a great thing considering I'm a professional editor, but nothing I can do about it now. The internet is forever.)

Quoting kajira:

He's 8 1/2 - in 3rd grade. I will write, but probably publish with out using my last name. LOL I'm weird like that. It's not "me" if I don't give my last name ^.^ LOL

Quoting Kittie26:

Quoting kajira:

Quoting Kittie26:

kajira
by Emma on Sep. 7, 2012 at 9:07 PM
1 mom liked this

yeah. I dunno - if I ever got as famous as temple, or my son did, at that point it probably wouldn't matter.. but until that point, I get to hide. LOL

Quoting Kittie26:

So... you all will have your real first names and fake last names when you publish? Perfectly understandable. But if you both do become as ubiquitous as Temple in the autism world, that fake name will basically become your new one and people will have ways of finding at least your public self. I very much understand the want to keep public and private separate. Sometimes I wish that I'd used a different name even when publishing poetry I wrote 10-15 years ago, but too late now. lol Now, if a future employer does a google search, they'll find all that crappy teen angst stuff I put out there once upon a time. lol (Not exactly a great thing considering I'm a professional editor, but nothing I can do about it now. The internet is forever.)

Quoting kajira:

Quoting Kittie26:

Quoting kajira:

Quoting Kittie26:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN