Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

1st official autism walk

Posted by on Sep. 10, 2012 at 2:53 AM
  • 7 Replies

My family participated in the 1st official autism walk in Montana today! It was awesome to see all the families and support that is out there for us. Miss Montana walked with us all too (she has aspergers) so that was fun for the kids as well. In all, we raised over 80,000 dollars for autism speaks (not too shabby for the 1st year!) I am just really excited that my kids can look back on this and know that they were part of the 1st walk. Hopefully there will be more to follow in Montana in the coming years!

by on Sep. 10, 2012 at 2:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
twins0506
by Holly on Sep. 10, 2012 at 6:35 AM
That's amazing! Glad you had a good time too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aidensmomma508
by Wendy on Sep. 10, 2012 at 8:33 AM

Did you get any pics? That's great good job guys!  I didn't know ms montana has aspergers that is really neat what a good advocate 

BeccaGK
by on Sep. 10, 2012 at 1:19 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting aidensmomma508:

Did you get any pics? That's great good job guys!  I didn't know ms montana has aspergers that is really neat what a good advocate 

I did get pics but they are still stuck on the camera! Ms Montana is such a sweetheart. She took the pic of our whole team for us and then took a pic with my son. He is 6 and decided to make a funny face so she made 1 too. It's adorable!

terri-553
by Bronze Member on Sep. 11, 2012 at 8:52 AM

YEA,We go every year.we drive 80 miles for the trip,Love being w/people who don;t frown when Thomas (grandson)has a meltdown,nice huh??hugs

RockinMama0608
by on Sep. 11, 2012 at 9:07 AM

How wonderful!  Glad you all had a great time :)

valleymomma1
by Bronze Member on Sep. 11, 2012 at 9:10 AM
Awesome we will be doing one this wend it will be our second yr!
Cassidysmom611
by Bronze Member on Sep. 11, 2012 at 9:23 AM

How awesome!! We will be doing our first week in a few weeks here in Boston, and I can't wait!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)