Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

9/11 - We will never forget. (share your memories)

Posted by   + Show Post

Where were you on that fateful morning, September 11, 2001?

In spite of what may divide us, let's come together and remember our fallen Americans and those who gave their lives on and after 9/11.

by on Sep. 11, 2012 at 1:12 PM
Replies (11-20):
isotoner
by Bronze Member on Sep. 11, 2012 at 8:20 PM
I was on my way to work. A co worker told me about it. I was listening to a cd in the car instead of the radio. One coworker's sister was in the Pentagon, but thankfully not in the Part that was attacked. Our building was next door to a gas station & people were waiting in a Long line for gas. I'll never forget how long the line was in a town of about 300 people. I was pregnant at the time & couldn't watch it on tv because I didn't want to be even more pissed.
mallowcup17
by on Sep. 11, 2012 at 9:35 PM
It's nit something I like going into to be completely honest

Quoting Kittie26:

Oh. Guess I assumed everyone had more vivid memories of that day like I do. Most of my life is a blur, but that day stands still in my head.

Quoting mallowcup17:

We watched all day. I don't remember much more then that..

Quoting Kittie26:

And then?

Quoting mallowcup17:

I was a freshman in college my roommate woke me up.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kittie26
by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 12:42 AM

Okay, sorry for pushing.

I personally just wish everyone would remember this day with utter clarity and remember why it makes us all human and kindred spirits. No matter what divides us, we all have humanity in common, and I hate that as time goes on, that is being lost. Nothing against you personally, I am sure you have your reasons for not wanting to remember.

I guess I just wish more people WOULD remember even if it is hard because it was the one time in our recent history that we did all come together and stand as one. It is terrible that it took such a large-scale tragedy to make that happen, and I'd hate to see it happen again.

Quoting mallowcup17:

Quoting Kittie26:

Oh. Guess I assumed everyone had more vivid memories of that day like I do. Most of my life is a blur, but that day stands still in my head.

Quoting mallowcup17:

Quoting Kittie26:

And then?

Quoting mallowcup17:

arkansasmama08
by Silver Member on Sep. 12, 2012 at 1:01 AM
I was a senior in high school. I was waking up and heard about the first tower in the radio. My first though was that it was an accident. Some mechanical error. Then I heard about the second and watched the news showing the plane flying into it. I think I was the most shocked and scared of any of my friends. We lived in Wa state so I guess we all felt safer. My faith and trust in our safety as a country was cOmpletly shattered and I waited for months for the next attack. Every year I have anxiety issues in this day because I just "know" they'll repeat.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kittie26
by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 1:10 AM

I know what you mean. I don't worry about it happening again on this date, as security is always heightened to the max given the date's import, but I worry about other holidays... like Jan 1 and July 4. The most recent I worry about is the next presidential swearing in, no matter who is sworn in -- it still represents the latest "leader" of a nation they hate. I know of all days, that one will be ultra secure, but you still never know. The fear never truly goes away. They shattered that for us that day. I mean, they killed almost 3,000 people in a matter of hours, and it would have been more if the PA flight had made its mark in DC. It's incredibly scary. 

Quoting arkansasmama08:

I was a senior in high school. I was waking up and heard about the first tower in the radio. My first though was that it was an accident. Some mechanical error. Then I heard about the second and watched the news showing the plane flying into it. I think I was the most shocked and scared of any of my friends. We lived in Wa state so I guess we all felt safer. My faith and trust in our safety as a country was cOmpletly shattered and I waited for months for the next attack. Every year I have anxiety issues in this day because I just "know" they'll repeat.

Kittie26
by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 1:14 AM

I should add that I work near DC, so I worry even more. There is no sense of fear on a daily basis that I can tell, but knowing you are so close to the Capitol and there are so many different forms of mass transit to attack... it just always worries me. Then I think about it and consider that they wouldn't attack where we'd expect, and then I worry about mass gatherings elsewhere... like major travel days or lesser known but very important holidays. Like, to attack on veteran's day? I know that there are no huge gatherings on that day, but the day is soooo major esp considering what we've done since the attacks... Guess you can tell I get what you feel. Right?

Quoting Kittie26:

I know what you mean. I don't worry about it happening again on this date, as security is always heightened to the max given the date's import, but I worry about other holidays... like Jan 1 and July 4. The most recent I worry about is the next presidential swearing in, no matter who is sworn in -- it still represents the latest "leader" of a nation they hate. I know of all days, that one will be ultra secure, but you still never know. The fear never truly goes away. They shattered that for us that day. I mean, they killed almost 3,000 people in a matter of hours, and it would have been more if the PA flight had made its mark in DC. It's incredibly scary. 

Quoting arkansasmama08:

arkansasmama08
by Silver Member on Sep. 12, 2012 at 4:41 AM
Yep. Really did change things

Quoting Kittie26:

I should add that I work near DC, so I worry even more. There is no sense of fear on a daily basis that I can tell, but knowing you are so close to the Capitol and there are so many different forms of mass transit to attack... it just always worries me. Then I think about it and consider that they wouldn't attack where we'd expect, and then I worry about mass gatherings elsewhere... like major travel days or lesser known but very important holidays. Like, to attack on veteran's day? I know that there are no huge gatherings on that day, but the day is soooo major esp considering what we've done since the attacks... Guess you can tell I get what you feel. Right?

Quoting Kittie26:

Quoting arkansasmama08:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aidensmomma508
by Wendy on Sep. 12, 2012 at 7:22 AM

I was at home watching TV then it came on, it was a really hard day.  also on a side note my sisters hubby went away a week after and she was a wreck with him going on the plane when he came back they conceived my niece LOL I bet theres alot of stories like that too.

aidensmomma508
by Wendy on Sep. 12, 2012 at 7:56 AM
1 mom liked this

it seems like you are pushing more in this reply i'm sure she remembers but just wasn't sharing at the moment. everyone remembers that was aware of it.

Quoting Kittie26:

Okay, sorry for pushing.

I personally just wish everyone would remember this day with utter clarity and remember why it makes us all human and kindred spirits. No matter what divides us, we all have humanity in common, and I hate that as time goes on, that is being lost. Nothing against you personally, I am sure you have your reasons for not wanting to remember.

I guess I just wish more people WOULD remember even if it is hard because it was the one time in our recent history that we did all come together and stand as one. It is terrible that it took such a large-scale tragedy to make that happen, and I'd hate to see it happen again.

Quoting mallowcup17:

Quoting Kittie26:

Quoting mallowcup17:

Quoting Kittie26:

And then?

Quoting mallowcup17:

Leobaby2007
by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 12:02 PM
2 moms liked this

That's ok, Kate. It was a painful day for many of us. Not everyone wants to drudge up the awful memories/feelings, and everyone processing things in a different way, as we should all know being moms to children with autism. XO

Quoting mallowcup17:

Quoting Kittie26:

Quoting mallowcup17:

Quoting Kittie26:

And then?

Quoting mallowcup17:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)