Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

gonna#$%^ me a bus dispatcher lol (update in replys)

Posted by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 9:25 AM
  • 16 Replies

i called the bus company to find out why the bus never came and iw a sout the same time i always do which is 5 minutes before 745 and i stoold there til 7 59!!! when i called the buscompany she started arguing with me!!!

by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 9:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jenn8604
by Jennifer on Sep. 12, 2012 at 9:26 AM
WTF!!!! Thats insane!!! All hells gonna break loose!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RedHeadedLizzy
by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 9:41 AM

OMGA I went through something similar when Ash was in 2nd grade in PS (now homeschooled).  There was a sub one day, whom I later found out was a cantakerous and difficult bitty, who didn't even come down our street after school!  Ash was terrified and had to stay on that dratted bus over an hour after she should have been dropped off, and I spent most of that time on the phone with the bus dispatchers trying to find out what was going on.  The last call ended with me asking the dispatcher's name so I could talk to my lawyer and lo and behold, within 5 minutes the bus showed up. She never rode the bus again. They got a scathing letter from me which was copied to the school board in both the county and state.  Needless to say I was livid.  

NightMist
by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 12:19 PM

We have been fortunate enough to have good drivers and aides so far.  Though this year the driver asked us about getting Ash a helmet because of his rocking, guy was afraid he was going to bash himself by accident. I put a stop to that kind of nonsense in pretty short order!

It was the school district offices that had an outbreak of foolishness this year.

On the first day we waited, and waited, then waited some more.  We had no idea when they were going to show up  because the card we usually get in the mail confirming his transpo arrived, but was not filled in.   20 minutes before class started we called and they told me that he was not scheduled to ride the bus and the card being mailed had been a computer error. <annoyed face>  So his other mom drove him into school while I called up pupil services.  Pupil services had all his paperwork in order, and it had been sent to them by the transportation office, which was where I had called in the first place.  They took care of that in reasonably short order, though perhaps I should have sent them some salve for the blisters I no doubt left in their ears.

Come to find out after his other mom got home that, according to the people at the school, they had done the same thing with over half the special ed kids being bused in from the district!

myfirstborn04
by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 12:24 PM
Ugh bus woes! I called them everyday because they didn't asign my boys a bus for almost 2 weeks. Finally the same driver from last year-round came. She is nice but it was the transportation department that I had words with! Hope it get fixed.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
twins0506
by Holly on Sep. 12, 2012 at 4:12 PM
Yep that's the bus companies for ya!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MomOfOneCoolKid
by Gold Member on Sep. 12, 2012 at 9:25 PM

i'm going through the same thing...

Kat940
by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 9:43 PM

The school my son goes to only has 3 buses! They just got the 3rd last week.  The first day of school they lost one of the sets of keys so they only had one bus to run both routes! I finally gave up a 7:10 and drove him to school. That is when I found out about the keys. 

BDSMI
by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 9:52 PM

My kiddo no longer rides the bus..I pay for latchkey because he is getting bullied on the bus and the school is well aware but can't afford an aide on said bus and they refuse to take the bully off (something about he has rights too :(....I'm so frustated...oh and same bully is the in hallway at school and pushed him into a locker and he lost a tooth and again school is doing nothin!!!  I wish you the best of luck!!!

lini1008
by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 9:54 PM
Thats insane

LadyCat97
by on Sep. 12, 2012 at 10:03 PM
Pick up or drop for dd has about a 10-15 minute window on either side. It gets very frustrating. There will be days when he drops her off at 2:55 all week and than suddenly she's here at 2:40 and they are pissed because I'm not outside waiting. I have a two year old so sometimes I can't just sit outside forever waiting.

When dd was in early childhood (pre-k) I was still trying to work in the office while she was at school so I had the bus drop her off at work. Twice they let her off the bus 20 minute early (which was about 10 minutes before she was even suppose to leave school). I wasn't up in the front office yet and they still left and drove off. The first time I called and threw a fit. Dd is a runner and I work off the highway. The 2nd time I filled a formal complaint against the bus driver and the SN coordinator that told me that they just wouldn't drop her off out there anymore because of the repeated issue (because it's my fault they left school early and didn't tell me?) and also told me that I probably need to pull dd from school because she must not be ready if I have to worry about her leaving the building while unattended. I haven't had a problem with them leaving without my at the bus to take her hand but the unpredictable pick up and drop off is still happening 3 years later...same driver.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)