Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

What weird attachments/interests/fascinations does your child have?

I remember when my daughter was about...18mo-2yrs-2 1/2yrs old..she use to carry around/chew on/ and even sleep with at times...a pair of red, plastic goggles that came with her cousins Little Tykes..or (maybe it was PlaySkool) toy work bench. She LOOOOOOVED THEM...and i remember some of my daughter's father's relatives making lil snarky remarks about it...but i actually had found it endearing.

Also, i noticed that she finds the television shows "COPS" and "DOG THE BOUNTY HUNTER"...FASCINATIING! She laughs when people fight or argue on tv (only on tv tho, when my father in laws screams or fights at or with me....she does NOT laugh). She even knows BOTH of the theme songs to the shows!!  She will ASK me to put them on!! She knows the channel "G4"..and will say, "G4 mommy...baaad boys!(meaning cops)". I find it really funny.

HAS ANYONE ELSE'S KID(S) HAD WEIRD OR ODD FASCINATIONS AND ATTACHMENTS?

*IF SO TO WHAT? HOW LONG DID IT LAST? WAS IT CUTE, OR OBSESSIVE?  

by on Sep. 15, 2012 at 6:35 PM
Replies (31-40):
BDSMI
by on Sep. 17, 2012 at 12:18 PM

My son enjoys Vacuum cleaners and tornados..anything weather related really..we watch hours upon hours of the Weather Channel..and hurricanes (we live in Ohio) we get update min by min..I love him so much :)

edelweiss23
by on Sep. 17, 2012 at 12:19 PM
Wheels.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
neptunekitty
by Member on Sep. 17, 2012 at 12:42 PM
Guns and weapons, which I hate, but that's his daddy's fault for exposing his kids way to early, letting them play games like halo and call Of duty at three yrs old.. That will never happen with a kid of my own.. And he's also obsessed with monster trucks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamalena137
by Bronze Member on Sep. 17, 2012 at 2:06 PM

My son loves numbers and the alphabet. When we're in public he likes to go up to signs and do his letters and numbers. He's not very verbal but knows his alphabet and numbers. He's been writing his name for several months and just turned 4 last month. Also he loves Mickey Mouse.

emarin77
by Silver Member on Sep. 17, 2012 at 4:24 PM
1 mom liked this

My 4 year old son is addicted to Angry Birds.  He has all the stuffed birds lined up on his bed.  He loves playing the game on his dad's phone and he plays the game in his room by throwing stuffed birds at the piggy.  He creates the scenes of where the pig lays with wooden blocks.

DOllfACE-
by on Sep. 17, 2012 at 5:06 PM

Mason has to carry something always in his hands, and has 2 of the same blues clues stuffed animals. he has an obsession with thomas the tank and now has an imaginary friend named "ben" who we [me and dh] discovered is mason's shadow and reflection LOL

XSummersXmommyX
by on Sep. 17, 2012 at 5:23 PM

Quoting emarin77:

My 4 year old son is addicted to Angry Birds.  He has all the stuffed birds lined up on his bed.  He loves playing the game on his dad's phone and he plays the game in his room by throwing stuffed birds at the piggy.  He creates the scenes of where the pig lays with wooden blocks.

ok first of all that is RIDICULOUSLY ADORABLE!! I love that he plays it on his own but not on the phone...that he sets up all the piggies and throws the birds at em!! So cute and VERY creative!!

goad12
by on Sep. 17, 2012 at 9:16 PM

My son is 8 and his facination is snakes. He can tell all the species where they originated from and everythiing. He loves watching Croccodile Hunter on Netflix and talks about snakes all the time. I am terrified of them. Also he is starting to love anything to do with war, Pearl Harbor, Civil War you name it he loves it when it comes to those things. I also find that it varies from time to time. Last month he had an obsession with money and had to have $9.00 and he wasn't going to rest until he found the money in our house. He was searching everywhere behind the couch, under couchins, in the car, in the piggy bank. I think that went on all week.

Autiziumom
by Ana on Sep. 18, 2012 at 2:26 AM
My son Ezekiel likes magazines! Even the penny saver! When I buy my Sunday newspaper he's there sitting by myside reading with me! Well I'm reading he's looking! Its cute!
Liansmommie
by on Sep. 18, 2012 at 3:09 AM

DS's obsession is TV in general right now. He doesn't care what is on it, only that it is on. It's driving me beyond batty.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN