Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

I lost my son 2 nights ago.

Posted by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 11:15 PM
  • 100 Replies
9 moms liked this
I am coming here in hopes my son will be put in the hearts of everyone who has a child on the spectrum. I lost my son, Desmond Thomas, 12, on Oct. 3,2012. He was hit by a car. Desmond was my most precious child, with autism. If you are a parent with one of these gifts from God, you know the wonderful work he has put before us. You know the struggle. Desmond was a runner, and Desmond ALWAYS seemed to have a place he wanted to be. As parents you spend your whole life tryin to watch every move they make, every step they take. But you know life doesn't make that a reality for a mom. I loved my son and oh how I miss him so. Autism has made me happy, and now it has made me sad. But this I know, my child was the purest thing on Earth and he was very happy. I hurt so much inside to know that there are still so many out there who don't know the highs and lows of autism, with their misconceptions and prejudgements. Knowledge is power. If you have a child with autism, if he's ever run off from you, you will understand my story. A tragic one it is. But I am hoping out of these ashes will rise a powerful phoenix, one raise awareness and spread the word that autism an unexplainable gift, and curse. Please love these "special angels", I beg you. Because I will forever love mine.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 11:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
countryfiedmama
by Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 11:55 PM
2 moms liked this
I'm so sorry to hear about your loss hon. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I have a 9 yr old son on the spectrum as well so I understand what you are saying. My son isn't a runner, but he is a wanderer. He will wander off "just because" and doesn't understand that it isn't safe to leave my sight. I also agree that there are a lot of people who don't understand the mindset of our autistic babies. Hugs hon
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
elouise618
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 12:19 AM
1 mom liked this

Thank you for sharing you heart ache about your precious son, I have never experienced what you are going through,but my heart and love goest out to you, just remember Desmond and all the wonder times and moments he gave to you and will remain in you heart and soul forever.  I send you my love and prayers I am here when ever you need a friend My name is Alonie I live in New Orleans, la.  I have and Autisic grandson thats my heart and soul.  Take care.

smarieljlee
by Sara on Oct. 7, 2012 at 12:30 AM
1 mom liked this
My heart is with you and your beautiful son
Angelicmom24
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 12:37 AM
1 mom liked this
I have a runner I think im still learning but he likes to run into traffic on purpose he likes to sneak home walking alone insteadnof getting on the bus..I dont want to take living away from him. I just want to protect him so much....I have so much to learn
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shennaann
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 2:02 AM
1 mom liked this
My heart aches for you, I cannot imagine the pain you must be going through. My son is also a "runner" and its terrifying.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bradysmom83
by Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 2:28 AM
2 moms liked this
I have a runner as well and it is scary. Words can't express how sorry I am for your loss. My prayers are with you and your family.
mr.scariesmommy
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 3:04 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm so sorry for your loss
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jenn8604
by Jennifer on Oct. 7, 2012 at 3:11 AM
1 mom liked this
Im so sorry for your loss. Hugs!!! Prayers for you and the rest of your family!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
twins0506
by Holly on Oct. 7, 2012 at 7:09 AM
1 mom liked this
I am so sorry for your loss. That is my worst fear for my boys. My prayers go out to your family.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kaiser10123
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 7:38 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm sorry for your lost and I do worry about that every time my son gets out my car he always wants to run from me. I pray that he gets it and I can help him out of that nasty habit before its too late.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN