Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum
I am coming here in hopes my son will be put in the hearts of everyone who has a child on the spectrum. I lost my son, Desmond Thomas, 12, on Oct. 3,2012. He was hit by a car. Desmond was my most precious child, with autism. If you are a parent with one of these gifts from God, you know the wonderful work he has put before us. You know the struggle. Desmond was a runner, and Desmond ALWAYS seemed to have a place he wanted to be. As parents you spend your whole life tryin to watch every move they make, every step they take. But you know life doesn't make that a reality for a mom. I loved my son and oh how I miss him so. Autism has made me happy, and now it has made me sad. But this I know, my child was the purest thing on Earth and he was very happy. I hurt so much inside to know that there are still so many out there who don't know the highs and lows of autism, with their misconceptions and prejudgements. Knowledge is power. If you have a child with autism, if he's ever run off from you, you will understand my story. A tragic one it is. But I am hoping out of these ashes will rise a powerful phoenix, one raise awareness and spread the word that autism an unexplainable gift, and curse. Please love these "special angels", I beg you. Because I will forever love mine.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 11:15 PM
Replies (51-60):
Mom2lnj
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 7:59 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm so sorry for your loss. I'll keep you in my prayers. May God bring you the comfort only He can.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lonelygirl_72
by Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 8:06 PM
1 mom liked this

I am so sorry for your loss.My heart aches for you.I love my daughter to the moon and back as I'm sure you did and do your son.I am also sure your son knew you loved him.Stay strong mama and if you need anything please let me know.(((hugs))) and prayers to you and your family.

Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Oct. 7, 2012 at 8:11 PM
1 mom liked this

im sorry  I am so very sorry for the loss of your sweet little boy.

gammaw129
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 8:31 PM
1 mom liked this

My heart goes out to you.  I can tell from yout post you are a strong woman, but I know that doesn't stop the pain.  Your son could not have been all that he was without you.  Let his legacy live on, continue to work for Autism awareness.  You and your family are in my prayers.

PacificNW1994
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 8:48 PM
1 mom liked this

I am so very sorry for you and your family.  Must be so hard for you right now.  But, your son is at peace and with the Lord. My heart breaks.  I will continue to pray for you and your family.  May the Lord be with you and yours at this time.

jenniferrusk
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 9:03 PM
1 mom liked this

I am so sorry for your loss. I will pray for healing for you. I know nothing will be able to bring back your son, but sharing his (and your) story will help you heal and potentially save someone else's child! 

letstalk747
by Silver Member on Oct. 7, 2012 at 11:13 PM
1 mom liked this

very sorry to hear this

Mewlan
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 11:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Tina, I am so sorry for this absolutely terrible loss!!!  I feel the same way about my son.   During this time when you two are apart, when he is in heaven and you are here, I hope that the sad memories pass and the beautiful memories and your love for him carry you through to the day when you two will be together again in a safe place where you will never be separated again. 

Sending lots of hugs!  I am so sorry for your loss!

magickbaby
by on Oct. 7, 2012 at 11:38 PM
1 mom liked this
You are in my blessings. I can't evenn imgine what you are going through, my heart aches for you and for your son .....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
skerst83
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 12:53 AM
1 mom liked this

I can not begin to imagine the pain and hurt you are dealing with right now. My heart and prayers go out to you and your family. I am so sorry to hear for your loss, but I do agree that these wonderful children are special angels that stick in the lives of everyone they touch. I am grateful for every day with my son and everything he teaches me  :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN