Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Welcome to Autism: Support Across the Spectrum! Introduce yourself here!

This post has been locked.  Please join us here to introduce yourself: 
Welcome to Autism: Support Across the Spectrum! Please introduce yourself... Get started here!

Thank you,

Cafe AmyS 

by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 11:30 AM
Replies (301-308):
Snick83
by New Member on Jan. 15, 2013 at 6:27 PM
1 mom liked this

Hello :-) my name is Shannon and I have a 4 year old daughter with Autism. She is my first born and I knew nothing of Autism until she was diagnosed. I had suspicion there was something off but didn't get the right answers for her until she was 3 years and with a new pediatrician. It's been a whirlwind since then and introducing a new sibling to her. 

Blessmychild
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 9:46 PM
1 mom liked this

Hi Board

I am a new member today, My name is April , I found this forum when I searched for ASD. My son 3 years old was diagnosed with ASD last week but they do not know how severe he is ?. I was shocked and have been in denial because I thought he probably has speech delay and his personality prevents him from making friend. However, to me he is a great boy at his age, pretty discipline ...etc. I need some Mom that has experience on how to raise ASD kid and whether they will grow up as a normal person ????. I am in a frightening mode now :(

Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Jan. 16, 2013 at 12:08 PM

Welcome to the group!

Quoting carterjacksmom:

I am a mom  two boys only 1 on the spectrum (we think)  Older DS is 4 yrs old is considered high functioning.  My younger Ds is 1 yrs old and does not appear to be on the spectrum so far...

Cafe AmyS

welcome

Hi Amanda, welcome to the group!

Quoting AidenmandAlexaj:

Hi, my name is Amanda I have two children My Aiden and Aexa. My daughter Alexa is a 2 1/2 year old with a pervasive developmental disorder - not otherwised specified. But that n no way defines her, she is funny, super smart, energetic and loves life. She still isn't really speaking, but he speech therapist a her school says that she will definitly be a verbl communicator, so I have hope. She has some sensory issues (can't stand loud noises, and hyposesitivity). Right now she is enrolled in a program through her school district and wil be starting pre-school in their special ed program this month. I do rethink autism with her online. She has made significant improvement since her original diagnosis about a year ago. Her fathr and I are no longer together but we co-parent (I parent, he buys them things). I struggle becasue he still believes that there is nothing wrong with her despite the opinion of pediatricians, developmental pediatrcians, speech thereapists, teachers, ect. Despite everything she is the light of my life and I have so much hope and faith in her for her future.

Cafe AmyS

Welcome Shannon!

Quoting Snick83:

Hello :-) my name is Shannon and I have a 4 year old daughter with Autism. She is my first born and I knew nothing of Autism until she was diagnosed. I had suspicion there was something off but didn't get the right answers for her until she was 3 years and with a new pediatrician. It's been a whirlwind since then and introducing a new sibling to her. 

Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Jan. 16, 2013 at 12:09 PM

Hi there April!  Welcome to the group.  :)

Quoting Blessmychild:

Hi Board

I am a new member today, My name is April , I found this forum when I searched for ASD. My son 3 years old was diagnosed with ASD last week but they do not know how severe he is ?. I was shocked and have been in denial because I thought he probably has speech delay and his personality prevents him from making friend. However, to me he is a great boy at his age, pretty discipline ...etc. I need some Mom that has experience on how to raise ASD kid and whether they will grow up as a normal person ????. I am in a frightening mode now :(

Callarlilly
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 1:26 PM
1 mom liked this

Hello!

My name is Jennifer, also. :)

My family is blended and we have 5 kids. Two of my Steppies (now 15 & 14) both suffer from PTSD due to severe neglect and abuse (physical, mental and emotional). My Step-Daughter is my Aspie while my Step-Son is suspected of having low spectrum autism, but with the PTSD still so very prevelant with him, it's been difficult to diagnose. Even though Matthew is on meds for depression and ADHD, we're still encouraged by his doctor & counselor to treat him "as if"...just in case.

They've only been living with us for almost 2.5 years so it's been a real challenge to uncover what's been going on with them and how to cope as well as teach them about themselves...I'm talking major changes for all of us;  and we still have a very long way to go.

I feel so blessed to have come across CafeMom and very encouraged to be part of a group of Moms that have an understanding of and willingness to help guide me on my quest to finish raising these two beautiful and unique kids to be successful, happy, well-adjusted adults.

blowing kisses

Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Jan. 17, 2013 at 11:31 AM

Welcome Jennifer!

Quoting Callarlilly:

Hello!

My name is Jennifer, also. :)

My family is blended and we have 5 kids. Two of my Steppies (now 15 & 14) both suffer from PTSD due to severe neglect and abuse (physical, mental and emotional). My Step-Daughter is my Aspie while my Step-Son is suspected of having low spectrum autism, but with the PTSD still so very prevelant with him, it's been difficult to diagnose. Even though Matthew is on meds for depression and ADHD, we're still encouraged by his doctor & counselor to treat him "as if"...just in case.

They've only been living with us for almost 2.5 years so it's been a real challenge to uncover what's been going on with them and how to cope as well as teach them about themselves...I'm talking major changes for all of us;  and we still have a very long way to go.

I feel so blessed to have come across CafeMom and very encouraged to be part of a group of Moms that have an understanding of and willingness to help guide me on my quest to finish raising these two beautiful and unique kids to be successful, happy, well-adjusted adults.

blowing kisses

This post has been locked, replies are no longer allowed.

Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)