Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

OT....i left home

Posted by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 8:34 PM
  • 13 Replies

For the last few months i have been getting verbally abused by my mother in law (we lived with them), well today shit hit the fan AGAIN with her throwing out some accusations and i packed our clothes and took nova and myself to my grandparents. my husband is being supportive, yes hes upset but there just isnt enough room here for all three of us and besides that i think its more important that he be with his mother because she is mentally deteriorating. Shes accused me of sleeping with my 73 year old father in law, accused me of stealing her clothes and perfume, and that i am trying to kill her. No joke this is what she thinks! I know she cant help it and i shouldnt take it to personally but today was my breaking point because she tried forcing herself into my bedroom to yell at me when i told her to leave me alone. i'm so lost, so scared, so confused, and tomorrow i am going to our county building to try and get some help because right now i am not working because my bipolar is to severe at this point in time, which SUCKS. i feel like i failed, i tried to stay and stick things out but i couldnt. I REALLY could use some friends right now :-/

by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 8:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kittie26
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 8:45 PM

Sounds like a whole lot to deal with. I'm so sorry. I don't know what advice I can offer, but I'm happy to lend an ear!

Dissolutions
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:06 PM

hoenstly there isnt really anything that can be said. i know i did what was right by leaving, its better for me and nova in the end. but yeah some hugs or an ear to vent to would be great

BDSMI
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:09 PM

((HUGS))  ths is a great group--feel free to vent...

MomOfOneCoolKid
by Gold Member on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:12 PM

Quoting BDSMI:

((HUGS))  ths is a great group--feel free to vent...

agree.

Hugs mom.

Dissolutions
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 9:36 PM

thanks mama's you are amazing. 

KatyTylersMom
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 10:14 PM

Just because you know someone is not in their right mind, their words can still hurt.  It sounds like his mom will need to be placed in a home sooner rather than later if she keeps becoming more and more out of touch with reality!

kickinit
by on Oct. 8, 2012 at 10:43 PM

that must be so hard for you!  what a terrible thing to have to deal with when your hurting on the inside too.  God bless you and ((big hugs))  I will pray for your family and you!

mali321
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 10:36 AM

Hang in there mama! I hope it gets better soon for you and your family.

princess_1983
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2012 at 11:58 AM

It's sounds like you did what needed to be done. No one deserves to be abuseed in any way.

kathrynmlise
by on Oct. 9, 2012 at 12:11 PM

I'm glad for you. It sounds like the right move.hugs

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN