Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

Social club has really help my son

Posted by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 3:39 PM
  • 4 Replies
1 mom liked this

I am so thankful for the Social group for children with Autism...My son 2x a week is able to meet up with other children like him. This is my son's 2nd yr in the program and it has really made a difference in his life . The first week he was in the program he came home and and said I have friends now I cried he had never said that before...Then one of the mommys show her son saying bye to mines and with tears in her eyes said she had never seen her son who is 8 say a childs name and tell them bye...I love this program they teach them how to interact with one another,how to play games but the rules and taking turns ,how to communicate by listing and taking turns when someone is talking,how to share the list goes on and on...I know it has help my child at school as well. This year is the first year I had seen my son go up and ask another child if they would like to play...Priceless really...I have seen my son come along ways ...If you have social clubs in your area check them out it may be for your child as well

by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 3:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
MomOfOneCoolKid
by Gold Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 3:45 PM
1 mom liked this

Awesome! Thank you so much for sharing this!

fromAutismwlove
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 3:46 PM

I am happy to hear this is working so well for your son. I agree that interacting in groups has helped my DD a great deal.

Bradysmom83
by Member on Oct. 10, 2012 at 3:57 PM
1 mom liked this

That's awesome.  My son just turned 3 and we were told right now he is too young for a social group but I should look for a play group for him, which I have been having a hard time finding. 

char19
by on Oct. 10, 2012 at 8:05 PM
Yes I can relate to that as well but for me I was in denial about my son at first which was around 3yrs Old at the time.If you are able to reach out maybe by internet to see who is in your area that has children around your child's age and start play dates
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN