Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

The neurologist prescribed Chlonodine. Can anyone please share their experiences with this...

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2012 at 12:48 PM
  • 7 Replies

He has been taking it for a couple of days so how long does it take to see a difference how did it work for you all? Share whatever you know think whatever thanks...

by on Oct. 29, 2012 at 12:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
searcher11
by on Oct. 29, 2012 at 2:04 PM
2 moms liked this

It calms ds.  It was initially prescribed to help him sleep.

trippyhippy
by Bronze Member on Oct. 29, 2012 at 5:00 PM
1 mom liked this

Just started it last week but my son is now sleeping through the night for the first time in months.

tiffyhamm
by Tiffy on Oct. 29, 2012 at 5:49 PM

My son takes it for sleep, he has been on it for about a year and a half.  It helps him go to sleep quickly, but he soon started waking up during the middle of the night.  He now takes .2mg for initially falling asleep and if he wakes up during the night, we can give him another .2mg or .1mg to help him get back to sleep.  For us, it has been a life saver, my son was getting like 1 hour of sleep each night and we were getting even less than that.

Edit: I forgot to answer the first part of your question, we started to see results immediately, the first night he took it. 

Kat940
by on Nov. 4, 2012 at 8:26 PM

My son has been on it for 3 years now. It was for both sleep and to calm him down. We saw results very quickly.  It helped him mostly (we had a few nights here and there when he didn't sleep as well). It has just been in the past few months that his sleep became irratic and we just added neurotin, and we will see how that goes. 

Alma4Mom
by on Nov. 4, 2012 at 9:10 PM

it was prescribed mostly for behavioral issues it actually helps except for the occasional very serious slap in the face... *shrugs* lol

Quoting tiffyhamm:

My son takes it for sleep, he has been on it for about a year and a half.  It helps him go to sleep quickly, but he soon started waking up during the middle of the night.  He now takes .2mg for initially falling asleep and if he wakes up during the night, we can give him another .2mg or .1mg to help him get back to sleep.  For us, it has been a life saver, my son was getting like 1 hour of sleep each night and we were getting even less than that.

Edit: I forgot to answer the first part of your question, we started to see results immediately, the first night he to

elkmomma
by Member on Nov. 4, 2012 at 9:23 PM

We found it to be a booster for my sons other meds too.  Kinda helped them work better, but did decrease his appetite  bit (not enough to worry about though) 

OOPS almost forgot; puberty can affect the meds.  We had to change to Intuniv which is wonderful for him.

babbles82
by on Nov. 5, 2012 at 2:12 AM

My son is on it to help him sleep, and it workd wonders. But we have to ake sure he gets a full nights sleep or he wakes up groggy. But I like him on it

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)