Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

PDD NOS/ autism spectrum Disorder

Posted by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 12:47 PM
  • 7 Replies

Hi any advice on my Autistic child who is suffering very bad at the moment with Headaches, I have been to the Hospitals and scans have been taken and there is no joy everything came back negetive, I am a mother who watches what he eat's as well, but these headaches have been with him now for 5 years, he is nine now and it is so hard to see him suffer a least 3 times a week and the headaches last for a least 4 hours, they even wake him from his sleep, I hate him been in so much pain at this age, but the doctors just want to through tablets for the problem and I dont want to give him those because of his disorder, he nows of his disorder and this is hard for him to...........

by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 12:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
amonkeymom
by Amy on Dec. 7, 2012 at 12:47 PM

Have you tried chiropractic or acupuncture for the headaches?  That might help him, if he can stand it.

itsblissmas

I agree with trying Chiropractic care. It can do wonders for a person. =)

KatyTylersMom
1 mom liked this

CranioSacral Therapy may also be able to help if you can't find a food related trigger.  CST is very gentle, very relaxing, and can help with headaches whether they are triggered by muscular tension or from bone misalignments.  No cracking needed:)

VioletsMomTown
1 mom liked this

Have you had his eyes tested? Could be that. I agree with the cranio sacral or chiropractic. An allergy perhaps? Maybe try listening therapy if those dont work, like AIT, or even something called brain balancing.

MamaGlitterBug
1 mom liked this
My sons gets a lot of headaches & migraines...he also has epilepsy. Have they checked for seizure activity? My son takes meds for seizures and migraines.
Hottubgodess
by Jackie on Dec. 7, 2012 at 12:47 PM

I agree.  Also, have you looked into vision therapy?  It could be a vision problem (other than how well he can see - how does he process?)

Quoting amonkeymom:

Have you tried chiropractic or acupuncture for the headaches?  That might help him, if he can stand it.

1twiggy

I have got his eye's tested in the hospitals too, and they have told me there's nothing wrong there, he seam's to get these headaches at certain times of the day too, when he is mentally challenged at school, or has had physical exercise the headaches happen after the come down, they will disappear when he gets vomits. I have told many doctor's this, I have taken note of all your lovely comments and I will definataly look into the idea's you all have posted, thankyou 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN