Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

HEY JUST AN UPDATE LADIES

Posted by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:31 AM
  • 11 Replies

Hey ladies!been busy last month so wasnt ioon here much...just an update last week johny got his ipad +a case and 150 dollar itunes card paid for by family support program!!johny was sooo excited when he got it!!!

then the next day i goofed they didnt remind the parents that there was early release day and i missed his bus ;-( now my cps worker wants to extend the case that wa sclosing end of year .i think thi s is lame cause she just said no safefety issues and yet she wants to extend over a mistake that the principal says happens all the time!!!

by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 12:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Alma4Mom
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 1:17 AM

Cool! Kudos to your Family Support Program.  I am getting my son a Kindle Fire HD day after Thanksgiving can't afford the Ipad but hey whatever works.  I will have to load an app every payday lol!  But I am happy for you.  The school thing sucks I make sure to keep record of everything when he misses cause of appointments bruises he gets from throwing himself I have even videotaped him throwing himself just in case.   

maribou
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 10:53 AM

We have a Kindle Fire and FYI there are plenty of free apps (we haven't paid for 1)

Quoting Alma4Mom:

Cool! Kudos to your Family Support Program.  I am getting my son a Kindle Fire HD day after Thanksgiving can't afford the Ipad but hey whatever works.  I will have to load an app every payday lol!  But I am happy for you.  The school thing sucks I make sure to keep record of everything when he misses cause of appointments bruises he gets from throwing himself I have even videotaped him throwing himself just in case.   

jb022210
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 11:53 AM

good about his i-pad, thats so stupid about cps, when me and my twin were in school wether it was the schools fault or my moms (granted i am NT and derrick was perfectly capable of the same despite him having asbergers) we would be in charge of walking the 2 miles home. now im not saying by any means johnny shouldve walked but im saying if we were in charge of walking 2 miles home from school despite wether the bus missed us or mom did, and that was okay, then simply missing the bus should not even make a blip of the radar. Im sorry your having to deal with those a**holes . 

terri-553
I am thankful to have you Girls as my part of my very small circle of friends
Today at 9:42 AM
by Terri on Nov. 20, 2012 at 11:54 AM

I won;t wish CPS on my worest emeny,My e-d-i-law  has trouble w/them yet again(there )isn;t anything wrong w/my grand-daughter,I so dislike CPS Officers poor you,Hope it is done soon

Alma4Mom
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 12:43 PM

Please if you have time send me a list of those apps I am so not tech savy so when I have my brother do it for me he will want a list lol!

Quoting maribou:

We have a Kindle Fire and FYI there are plenty of free apps (we haven't paid for 1)

Quoting Alma4Mom:

maribou
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 3:30 PM

You just do a search for FREE and you get all kinds

Not much tech savvy to it. 

Quoting Alma4Mom:

Please if you have time send me a list of those apps I am so not tech savy so when I have my brother do it for me he will want a list lol!

Quoting maribou:

Quoting Alma4Mom:

momtoscott
by on Nov. 21, 2012 at 6:35 AM

Glad to hear about the iPAD and apps!  Sorry about CPS.  I have missed an early release day before, lots of people have.  Now I mark them on every calendar in the house at the beginning of the year in red ink and big letters. 

Basherte
by Silver Member on Nov. 21, 2012 at 8:19 AM

Kudos to the Family Support Program. That's amazing.

The school thing really sucks. Hopefully it all turns out okay in the end. Sorry you are going through that.

Hottubgodess
by Jackie on Nov. 21, 2012 at 5:31 PM

Sounds like you need a lawyer to get involved to tell the principal to butt out.  Sorry about that.  :(

As for the iPad - Woo Hoo!

marisab
by Gold Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 3:30 AM

Yeah it's pretty bad when the cops worker says the schools getting ridiculis

Quoting Hottubgodess:

Sounds like you need a lawyer to get involved to tell the principal to butt out.  Sorry about that.  :(

As for the iPad - Woo Hoo!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN