Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

So proud of myself as a Mom! Sorry I have to gloat! Thanks for the support it has helped!

Posted by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 1:26 AM
  • 13 Replies
3 moms liked this

Maybe it's not a big deal to most but to me it is...

We went to a restaurant and he was doing his head shaking and laughing himself and at the lights and plants non stop looking back then forward to the people behind us but only to see the lights above them.  I no longer care if people stare or comment I will simply smile and defend my child and laugh with him I love him Autism and all!  

Before I would freak out wondering if someone would be rude but now I am okay and getting to be a stronger Mom!

family in the van

by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 1:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tictacmama
by Arlea on Nov. 19, 2012 at 7:26 AM
1 mom liked this

Good Stuff. I find the less I think I have to be perfect, the better I am at focusing on my family :)

MomOfOneCoolKid
by Gold Member on Nov. 19, 2012 at 8:02 AM
1 mom liked this

bravo mama

lardyjo
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 3:16 PM

Good for you, mama! It's ok to gloat if it's about how much you love your kids! :)

Fergablu2
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 3:27 PM
1 mom liked this

I made myself a t-shirt that says"My son has autism. Live with it. We do.", and one for my son that says "I have autism. Live with it. I do.", and another that says, "I'm autistic. What's the excuse for YOUR behavior?" We wear them out in public. I love Zazzle.com.

Autism Mom since 2001
Alma4Mom
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 5:06 PM

Quoting lardyjo:

Good for you, mama! It's ok to gloat if it's about how much you love your kids! :)

Good way of looking at it thanks =)

Paperfishies
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 5:08 PM
1 mom liked this
Awesome!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Alma4Mom
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 5:08 PM

Quoting Fergablu2:

I made myself a t-shirt that says"My son has autism. Live with it. We do.", and one for my son that says "I have autism. Live with it. I do.", and another that says, "I'm autistic. What's the excuse for YOUR behavior?" We wear them out in public. I love Zazzle.com.

I need to check out zazzle... thanks for the tip...

Kimmiky
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 6:54 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Alma4Mom:

Quoting Fergablu2:

Ahhh!  I totally saw this shirt before my son was diagnosed ( but i was suspicious anyway) and I totally want one now!  Maybe that's what I'll tell everyone that I want for Christmas.  It would work especially well in my family though, since my neice and nephew are especially bad and my children are always well behaved if only and little stand-off ish.

That reminds me!  We were at a party the other week and  my poor little guy just wanted to line up these little cars and everytime he would get them almost all lined up someone would come along and want to play, and he would flip out and their parents would look at me like, what is wrong with you? You're letting your kid hog all the cars!  I was like, get over it, there's like, a million more things to play with around here and he's not hurting anyone ( so long as they don't mess with his cars! lol!)

Basherte
by Silver Member on Nov. 20, 2012 at 7:37 AM
1 mom liked this

Congrats! That's awesome news. 

It is a big deal. 

Alma4Mom
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 12:39 PM

They better not mess with his cars lol! The shirt would've been beneficial at that moment.

Quoting Kimmiky:

Quoting Alma4Mom:

Quoting Fergablu2:

Ahhh!  I totally saw this shirt before my son was diagnosed ( but i was suspicious anyway) and I totally want one now!  Maybe that's what I'll tell everyone that I want for Christmas.  It would work especially well in my family though, since my neice and nephew are especially bad and my children are always well behaved if only and little stand-off ish.

That reminds me!  We were at a party the other week and  my poor little guy just wanted to line up these little cars and everytime he would get them almost all lined up someone would come along and want to play, and he would flip out and their parents would look at me like, what is wrong with you? You're letting your kid hog all the cars!  I was like, get over it, there's like, a million more things to play with around here and he's not hurting anyone ( so long as they don't mess with his cars! lol!)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN