Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

meds

Posted by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:03 PM
  • 2 Replies
My daughter has anxiety disorder which breaks into her school work. She use to be on Zoloft 50mgs she came off because her dr moved ot of state and it took a bit to get her back on it. After being off of it for 3 months she had a huge melt down and i took her to the ER i told them what was going on and they put her back on 50mgi called the school and told them. The caseworker four her IEP said if the meds would rise gradually. I told her I wouldn't know until we see her regular psychic on the 24th. U thought it was kind of a strange question. I'm also getting jkind of mad that when i told her my daughter is no longer on meds she said well that explains a lot. I feel very pressured baby the school not only to medicate my daughter but now also to up her meds. Not really by the whole school but mostly by this caseworker. My question is who do i go to about this issue and is there a chance her meds will go up? She is 9 almost 10.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Nov. 19, 2012 at 11:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
joel2010
by on Nov. 20, 2012 at 8:50 PM

i would not know the doctor would know for sure.  i know from reseacher i can not see doing some of the meds and the school area that my son will be going in is will and will work with kids without meds they are for not doing then.  they will help them how they can and work with the parents for what they want to do.  if it means the parents wants to come up every few hours to give their kids walk to help they let them.. it is what works to help the kid learn with this one school.  but i know most are not that way at all.  and meds change so much all the time i know i am on some myself for things and they change all the time..so they can go up but they can go down.  now days they school just want the kids on meds so they do not have to deal with them

amonkeymom
by Amy on Nov. 21, 2012 at 3:08 PM

Well, the school cannot legally tell you to up her medication or anything else, though they might make suggestions.  I'd suggest that they try alternative methods before any medication increases.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)