Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum
My son is 2 and has aspergers but i guess soon i just will have to say autistic soo confusing. But any way. He receives therapy right now thro early intervention. The service coor said oh he's smart and cut his therapy to 1 hr 1x a week. All my sons drs and therapist are furious and i feel like Im at war begging trying to get my son help. This is all so need to me. Im a good mom but i need help. Its exhausting dealing with my son. Just changing his diaper is a process that i have to follow to avoid him physically becoming aggressive and melting down. He has to have a bag of horses whenever we walk in the door (obsessed with horses) again to avoid outburst. Transition and sensory is a huge thing for him and Im trying to learn how he feels and how he thinks. He slapped me today...pointed to where he slapped me and said boo boo u cry baby. Seriously? My husband works all the time which leaves me with our son...dealing with therapy the drs the every day home stuff and today i feel like i have no more fight left. Its horrible i didn't even want to put up a xmas tree i knew my son would just grab and eat it. And according to his therapists i shouldn't say no to him i should get his attention other places. Giving him a chew toy or ignore him when he punches himself or the dog. Its over whelming. Does anyone else deal with this or feel like i do sometimes. I feel like a bad mom i just want to go to bed and put the covers over my head and sleep.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 3:19 PM
Replies (11-13):
puck4432
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 10:18 PM

We do all feel like that.  My kids aren't violent thank God, but the stealing and lying is SO bad that we're at our wit's end about it.  One of us cries every day and we spend every morning yelling about whatever they stole that night.  Neither of us ever gets more than 2 hours of sleep per day/night.  One of us works during the day and one overnight so someone is always home with them because no one else can handle them.  I don't think we'll ever have sex again since neither of them sleep.

shauna999
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 10:38 PM

no you are not alone . i sure we all feel that way at times. i have a great pediatrician who will fight to help me get the help my son needs. if you feel your son needs more help and where he is at wont help you. try to take him somewhere else. just always remember you are him mom and no one will know him like you do. because it is so hard at time i would recommend a good support group around you. such as friends and family. for me it helps.

lucasmadre
by Kari on Dec. 7, 2012 at 7:51 AM
Yes...I'd be happy to be "friends" but I forget how to do it. Do you know how? Your dogs probably do know there is something wrong and they are tolerating your sons violence because they are so compassionate (dogs.) You will get the help you need, in the meantime remember who is the boss. Consequences for bad behavior even in kids with problems works! Time out, he is out of control and wants someone to help him get in control...more soon. Friend me if you know how :) XOXOX Kari
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN