Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

finaly got aproved for my daugther ssi

Posted by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 11:56 PM
  • 46 Replies

any body else aply

by on Dec. 4, 2012 at 11:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mopsmommy5
by Member on Dec. 4, 2012 at 11:59 PM
Yes and its taking longer than ayear, she has a TBI among other things! My son who has asbergers got it under 3 months though! Congrats!!
michelles89
by Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 12:01 AM
I applied and was denied even tough my son was so bad a year and a half ago but since he does therapy 3 times a week since then he has made a complete improvement. Now it's just the social aspects and doing things himself that I know he can do. He still stims all the time and acts weird to some people but that's who he is an I love him to death so does his new baby sister
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jthompson1976
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 12:11 AM

i was excited. i havent been able to go therpy in while so far to drive 2 hours away well help so much

amonkeymom
by Amy on Dec. 5, 2012 at 2:05 PM

woohoo

Basherte
by Silver Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 2:40 PM

Congrats! That should open up a lot of opportunities for you now. I know it helps to lift the financial burden a little bit. 

Happy for you.

cindyjean68
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 6:17 PM

My son was just diagnosed. He also had ADHD and Asthma. I am considering applying.

sweetmissy_05
by Member on Dec. 5, 2012 at 6:20 PM
1 mom liked this

My now 4 year old was approved right away December 2010...sher has major global delays along with other things.  It only took them like 2-3 months to approve her.

Kimmiky
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 6:20 PM

i applied at the end of October and it said it takes 3-4 months just for the doctors and therapists to send all of their stuff in and then they have to look it all over.  I guess it's a very thorough process.

Did you get a retroactive payment though?  They were telling me what I am supposed to be using the monthly payments on but that I'm supposed to use the big lump sum that you get at first differently.  Did they tell you anything?  I'm just being curious.

Alma4Mom
by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 8:01 PM

Yay!  Good going mine got approved day of application... Took plenty of paperwork just got it last month he already has a kindle and transportation to a good facility for services. We took him too outings and he is loving it.  I will never again hesitate to take him somewhere cause there is no gas money!  =)

MomtoLou
by on Dec. 6, 2012 at 12:15 AM

I don't mean to sound uninformed here, but I guess I am. ssi=social security income. Right? You can apply for that for your children who are diagnosised ASD?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)