Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

If/when we get the diagnosis for my DS, is there anything that can protect my job other than FMLA?? I hven't been at my job for a full year yet, and they are telling me that Medical Leave will not cover family, just employees. I know we are looking at alot of appointments, and treatments and therapies, and I am really concerned that I could lose my job. Anything that is not scheduled at least 2 wks out, whether time made up or not is considered unexcused. I can't afford to lose my job, but I really can't afford to lsoe these appts and let this slide. My DS needs to get on the right track fast!!! Any Advice would be greatly appreciated!!! 

by on Dec. 5, 2012 at 3:11 PM
Replies (21-21):
ETimm
by on Dec. 7, 2012 at 7:55 AM

You absolutely need to speak to someone who knows all there is to know about FMLA.  FML has covered all of my time away from work with regards to my son's therapy appointments.  It even covered the time where I told my employer that I was going to be a few hours late on my son's first day at his therapeutic daycare center...I needed to stay with him a few hours that morning just to get him settled in, as he can have transition issues.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN