Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does your kids folow you around?

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 11:07 AM
  • 14 Replies
1 mom liked this
Does anyone else kid(s) have to be where you are all the time? If I am in the same room as my son he is fine but if I go in the kitchen or bathroom then he follows me. Even if I am in my room reading my kindle or watching something he comes in there and sits by me. I can't get 5 minutes to myself.
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 11:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
by Bronze Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 11:46 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes times four. Well, only 3 of the four can physically follow me, but I have a feeling once the fourth one can follow me, she will too. Everytime I turn around, I trip over one or all of them. Even my 9 year old. 

amonkeymom
by Amy on Dec. 12, 2012 at 1:53 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh thank goodness, not any more!  My son is usually pretty good doing things on his own.

TheJerseyGirl
by Michele on Dec. 12, 2012 at 6:41 PM
Nope in my house, it's the other way around ! Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
N.Carter2001
by Bronze Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 7:47 PM

My oldest son was always  under my feet. Untill I had to go to hospital to have his brother. So now he does his own stuff. Now I got his baby brother under my feet or bugging him. 

Macphee
by Bronze Member on Dec. 12, 2012 at 9:51 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes!Yes!Yes!Yes! Going to the bathroom is the worst. I have two boys and we do not need to have a convention in the bathroom.

I think it shows that you are a good parent for them to be so attached.

Kellbel08
by on Dec. 12, 2012 at 10:23 PM

Yup! Not all the time but on the days that she does she is right under my feet. (i've tripped over her a couple times...) and she laughs at me..  

nettieb1974
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 9:47 PM

I hear ya! I get soooooooo overwhelmed somedays!  I have a 4 1/2 year old with HFA/Aspergers and he is stuck to me like GLUE!!! He isn't potty trained yet and I am the only one he will let change his bum, if I am sitting in my easy chair reading or watching tv or on my laptop, he crawls up on the arm of the chair andsits with me, when I am cooking he comes out and grabs my arm and kisses it over and over....I know this sounds sweet and it is!! But some days it's just too much and I feel smothered, like you said, sometimes you need 5 minutes to yourself!  I also have a 6 1/2 year old with ADD and it's a constant battle for my attention!

LIMom1105
by Silver Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 10:11 PM

Yes. He's 5, and has been following me since he could walk! I agree, the bathroom is the worst, he always knows when I'm in there. He's starting to understand the concept of privacy though, so if I remind him I want privacy, he does leave quickly. 

When he was younger, he would sit on my lap while I was going, quite a sight!

JTMOM422
by Brenda on Jan. 1, 2013 at 10:42 PM

Yes this is my ds. He has a new stim where he just wants to touch my cheeks and it absolutely drives me crazy. He does it no matter where we are at. He follows me everywhere in the house. If he can't find me he starts to freak out. My dh tells me to lock the bedroom door when he is home so that my ds and dd don't bother me. I usually go in there for a 10 minutes for a break and my ds is usually off playing by that point. But within minutes of me being out he is back at my side. It's like he has a mommy radar or something LOL

newmommy430
by Silver Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 11:31 PM
My son used to follow me around. Now he waits for a moment to get into things.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)