• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

need advice

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:00 AM
  • 5 Replies

My adult son (25) may have aspergers and I need to know a recommendation for getting him tested in the Arlington VA area.  He struggles so with life and is not stepping up to adulthood.  Help.

betsky

by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Kellbel08
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 9:10 AM

I'm not in the Arlington Area. But i am in Warren County. We took our daughter to Georgetown University in D.C. they have a wonderful team there. ( the drive was about 45- 1hr) I think you are closer to DC then we are. Below is the Address and phone number for Georgetown University and their website. I'm not sure what the exact steps would be for an adult (my dd was dx when she was 3) but they will help lead you in the right direction.. I hope this helps

http://gucchd.georgetown.edu/67634.html

3700 O Street Northwest  Washington, DC 20057
(202) 687-0100

betsky
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:53 AM

Thank you so much!!!

Kellbel08
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 12:40 PM

Your welcome! I hope it helps you and your son :)

Quoting betsky:

Thank you so much!!!

lonllee1
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 10:52 PM

14 yr old entering pubity....recent started tearing and taking off clothing only on school bus. driver has been changed, told prob pubity but I suspect a bad driver mean to him because of my report against her for allowing nephew to ride special need bus when not assigned to my childs bus. Her attitude was horrible toward me and acted days as thought my child didnt exist getting on bus. I think this effected him,all problem started exactly one wk after this happen. taken off bus and to school by car, no problem in school only on bus. what do you think. or are district trying to save face and try to make me think its possible pubity?

amonkeymom
by Amy on Dec. 19, 2012 at 4:53 PM

Doesn't sound like a puberty issue to me, but more like a reaction to the changes.

Quoting lonllee1:

14 yr old entering pubity....recent started tearing and taking off clothing only on school bus. driver has been changed, told prob pubity but I suspect a bad driver mean to him because of my report against her for allowing nephew to ride special need bus when not assigned to my childs bus. Her attitude was horrible toward me and acted days as thought my child didnt exist getting on bus. I think this effected him,all problem started exactly one wk after this happen. taken off bus and to school by car, no problem in school only on bus. what do you think. or are district trying to save face and try to make me think its possible pubity?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)