Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

SO PROUD OF MY HUSBAND FOR TELLING SOMEONE ABOUT OUR CHILD DX

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:09 PM
  • 5 Replies
1 mom liked this

group hugMy Husband after lunch at a restaurant went to see so people from town .One has not seen in a few years about our son he told in front of former co-workers and boss that Mathew was diagnose with a form of Autism.And he was in a therapy and it was working.I was not in that room.My husband usually tells people to come see or comes get me about Mathew because he has a brain tumor remove in March. So this huge.Also When he told me I go you know now it will be all over town that person gossip and make us stuff.He goes I don't care. I told the truth so anyone can come ask you or me about it.blank stare

Lilbit0700

by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 1:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
blessedhappymom
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:07 PM
:-)
I was in denial for sometime. Now that I've move into acceptance, my husband has come out to talk about it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Lilbit0700
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 6:37 PM

we live in a samll town wehre a lot of  people are unedcaute also think they know everything and twist thing around. DH grow-up here.

VioletsMomTown
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 6:51 PM

I wish my husband could be more up front with talking about it. He's a really private person. We still run into his old friends, and he makes excuses for my daughter not saying hi to them, like "oh she's tired" or "she's being shy" or whatever. I hate it, I don't want to make a big deal out of her autism, but when he does that it feels like he's ashamed of it. I think he still feels guilty for some reason. I know its not our fault. I'm so proud of how far she's come, I want to tell people all about it.  One of these days I'm just going to start blurting it out to everyone, and then he can just deal with it. I'm hoping he will get there, before I get to that point.

lancet98
by Bronze Member on Dec. 19, 2012 at 2:25 PM

Awww....what a sweet guy you have.   We need more like him in this country.

Lilbit0700
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 6:58 PM

Thanks

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)