Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Chiropractor

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:04 PM
  • 6 Replies
A friend of mine was introduced to Maximized Living...chiropractor who said that all kinds of illnesses and ailments are caused by the body not being aligned. She said the chiropractor was giving examples of patients that he has helped and he mentioned a young girl with autism and seizures. He said that since he's being aligning the girl she hasn't had any seizures and her autism symptoms have subsided. I'm just curious if you've heard of anything like this or if you've tired it. DS is in speech and occupational therapy and he's making progress, but I guess the mom in me wants to make sure I give him every opportunity to help him.

Thanks!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
newmommy430
by Silver Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 2:18 PM
1 mom liked this
If your insurance covers it, then it couldn't hurt. Don't get your hopes up. I see a chiropractor myself and it's helped me. I don't know how it would help with autism, but I don't know enough about it to say it would or wouldn't help.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hottubgodess
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 12:46 PM
1 mom liked this

We love our chiro.  Mike went for an "attitude adjustment" this morning.  :)

TerryJ2
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 1:16 PM
1 mom liked this

My husband is a chiro and my son has Asperger's and bipolar.

And he's on lots of meds. We do everything and anything--all natural, or medical or educational--because for awhile there, we were losing hope. Once we figured out that he had a gluten allergy, it really helped.

The only symptoms a chiro would be able to relieve would be the same symptoms we all have, imho, but w/autistic or bipolar kids, they are very exaggerated, because, well, everything about these kids is exaggerated. :) So any symptom relief or immune system support is something I would highly recommend.

snowpeasmom
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 1:26 PM

My son has seen a chiroprator since birth. It does help curve his symptoms but doesn't cure it, and occiasionlly has made him overly hyper. But my son has a mild case.

emarin77
by Gold Member on Dec. 19, 2012 at 1:36 PM

I don't believe it.  I was seen by a chiropracter and he thought he could cure my Spastic Paraplegia, a spinal cord disorder that is caused by a mutation in a gene.  I still have stiffness and weakness in my legs.

Chiropracters are great for those that do no have alignment of their spine or back problems.  Behavior of autism can go to good to bad behavior.  They go through a cycle.  Seizures are neurological disorders.  I think stress effects the probablity of seizures more.

Mrs.Burrow
by on Dec. 19, 2012 at 4:19 PM

Mine goes to a chiropractor that I have seen sense I was teen.  He started this summer and that's when his speech took off. However, that's also when I started a detox and fish oil without mercury too. We aren't really sure what caused the leap and bounds but as long as we can afford it and it's out there we are going to try it. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)