Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I have chosen gbtino as the winner of the Verbally Premium app. I really hope that it helps her son find his voice!

I won a contest for the app Verbally Premium. My son is vocal enough that I think it would be detrimental to his development to actually use the app. It is an AAC app for the iPad. If you or someone you know is in need of something like this, please tell me why I should pick you to give the code to. The app is currently selling for $99.99. Also, please download the Free version to test it out prior to requesting the code so that you can be sure that the program will work in your situation. If you would prefer, you may send me a private message... Thanks!

Here is their website:

http://verballyapp.com/

I think the developer is Intuary.

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

by on Dec. 27, 2012 at 3:04 AM
Replies (11-18):
DyerMaker
by Bronze Member on Dec. 28, 2012 at 2:54 PM

We have an IPad for my son to use, he is nonverbal, but he is probably too young to use this program yet... He is 3 and a half, and we just now started using an AAC using pictures.(gabby tabs). This is so nice of you to give this away.... Thank you for giving someone a "voice"!

Autiziumom
by Ana on Dec. 29, 2012 at 1:22 AM
Wow! That's great. I will be purchasing one soon and man for $100 bucks the program sounds good! Congrats!
gbtino
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 6:28 AM

did u give this away already? im interested

onecuteladybug2
by on Dec. 29, 2012 at 7:04 PM

I haven't chosen anyone yet. Please download the free version to see how your child likes it, then let me know why you need it.

Quoting gbtino:

did u give this away already? im interested

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

gbtino
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 3:58 PM

i downloaded the free version. the irony of it all is that i just decided to make a goal for my son to learn to type. I have all tutors on board and was trying touse the keyboard through proloquo in order to do this. This verbaly APP looks ike the Perfect app to hep acheieve this goal. i KNOW if my 3 yr old can type works she knows how to spell, that my son will do well at this also, esp with 3 tutors helping. He is 6 and non verbal ASD.  he is a visual person and i think  seeing the words laid out as they are plus learning the keyboard will be an excelent way for him to learn! since his expressive language is not progressing much i thought the next best thing may be to teach him how to type, and hes been learning speling for a LONG time!please consider us!! I know it wil benefit DRew

thanks

onecuteladybug2
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 7:02 PM

I have chosen gbtino as the winner of the Verbally Premium app. I really hope that it helps her son find his voice!

marisab
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 3:25 AM

My son got his iPad from a state agency called family support.and reading isn't necessarily for these apps

Quoting onecuteladybug2:

Quoting peaches_04:

We could totally use this but will never be able to afford an ipad

There are tons of organizations who can help with this, including Autism Speaks. We got very lucky just this month with my son. He was one of fifty finalists through one of their giveaways, but didn't actually win. When a friend of a friend who has a daughter on the spectrum saw my Facebook post, she asked if she could buy him one...

gbtino
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 10:05 AM
1 mom liked this
Thank you SO very much!!! Excellent way you have helped Drew to start the new year!!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)