Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

how is xmas break going for you ?

Posted by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 2:22 PM
  • 12 Replies

by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 2:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bluerose1482
by on Dec. 31, 2012 at 2:28 PM
1 mom liked this

Great!  Life is so much more relaxed when we don't have to run to and from school and struggle with homework, etc.  I wish it was summer break all year.  :)

Homeschoolmom99
by Bronze Member on Dec. 31, 2012 at 2:31 PM

Good my son is with his dad for a week. This is my first new years eve adult in over 20 years!

gbtino
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 10:09 AM
Omg it's a good think it's only one more day off! Lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
VioletsMomTown
by Robyn on Jan. 1, 2013 at 10:23 AM

My husband, my daughter and myself have been sick almost the entire time. My daughter has regressed terribly as she usually does when she's sick. Its been awful, actually :(  I'm looking forward to a new year to start fresh.

LIMom1105
by Silver Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 10:31 AM

Too short for us, but I've been working a lot of it, so I actually haven't spent much time with my family other than Christmas Day. 

Honestly, I think he's doing okay at home.  Less cranky in the evenings--his days are long though, he leaves at 7:45 and doesn't get home until 6:30. 

My son and husband are both sick today, and I feel kind of foggy, like something is brewing too. So we're not doing much today.

Mpiggy4u
by on Jan. 1, 2013 at 12:56 PM

It is really hard my son is three goes to preschool 5 days a week for three ours on the 21 the vacation started .  It has messed with routine he don't want play games with me unless he starts it first hardly taking naps he has languagenge but most time not that verbal.  I can't wait for am to  go back  He has gotten new toys rather not play with them hit me  since had snow storms no going to his fave museum

emarin77
by Silver Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 5:22 PM
1 mom liked this

The holidays were great with family but two weeks no school for my son, not good.

SandyLaxner
by Bronze Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 8:52 PM

Sleep has been WAY off for DS ASD.  Falling asleep at 4pm,waking up at 3:30am,some days taking a nap when he stopped naps a long while ago.  Happy to get back to routine Jan6.

TheJerseyGirl
by Michele on Jan. 1, 2013 at 8:56 PM
1 mom liked this

We had a great break and are completely depressed that it's over.  I just put D to bed and he is not too happy...but I told him he only had a 3 day week and that made him smile!

Macphee
by Bronze Member on Jan. 1, 2013 at 10:01 PM

There are downsides and upsides. My NT and ASD are getting closer. I am able to do more sensory with him. More academic stuff; and even more so, the extra time with his pets has made him much more gentle. His parakeet is starting to calm down around him (his hand movement was too erratic, she would protest).

I know that this sounds strange but his social behavior is improving through his dog and bird.

The downside is I really miss the me time. Between housework, kids, hubby time (who works nights), and school.... I get burned out. We get 3 days of break from my school. My back injury is bothering me again.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN