Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do you do when you feel you Just want to give up??

Posted by   + Show Post

Today has been probably one of the roughest days we have had in a while, The meltdowns have been non-stop... And over what i am still unsure. Some days he communcaites with me well then others not so much. We are still early in the stage of getting a diagnosis, There are days when I am just ready to throw my hands in the air and be like I can't do this!!!  I struggle with Depression and Anxiety myself so my doctor put me back on my meds.To  try and maybe balance the depression and anxiety out so that it wouldn't be like mine and his  anxiety bouncing off of each other.  I don't have much support wise because I moved away from my family. My boyfriend  and I  live together  going on 2 years now, works 60 hrs a weeks sometimes more. So most days it's just me and Aaden ( my son) no sign of a break in the near future and when I do get just a little break which is just me soaking in the bathtub for 20-30 mins I feel guity. SO my question is what do you do??? to make sure there is at least some you time? And that you don't just complety lose your mind?

by on Jan. 7, 2013 at 5:04 PM
Replies (31-40):
dawncs
by Dawn on Jan. 10, 2013 at 1:48 PM
1 mom liked this

Is he receiving services through your school district for a disabled child which are free? Have you tried talking to your service provider? Some offer respite care among the services offered to parents of disabled children. The amount of time will vary on what you will be given. I will include some resources to help you.

Dawn
Beautifully Talanted Autistic Social Story Author
Diagnosed Asperger Syndrome as an adult
Diagnosed Edema (since young)
Author Page: http://www.toyboxunlimited.com/ (has discounts)

Lucky324
by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 12:09 AM
Thanks!
staceyshea
by New Member on Jan. 11, 2013 at 4:43 PM
3 moms liked this

My daughter is 14 and has high functioning autism.  I find that reading the bible and praying really works.  Trusting in  the Lord and asking him to help you, especially when you don't get that support from your boyfriend.  I wake up early  and make my coffee, stretch and do my yoga, and then I sit and read my bible, and ask God to guide me, give me strength, patience and wisdom.  I pray that I don't lose my cool and I pray that I do not put myself first in my thinking.  This is what God has planned for my life right now, and I will handle it with his love and holy spirit inside me, guiding me and giving me the strength I need to get through the day.  God loves you too, and he would like to help you, just let him in.  It's amazing what he can do!!!!  Trust in him, he is the only one who will not let you down.  Blessings, Stacey

Mirmir1986
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 2:02 PM
Thanks ladys! Everything you guys have said is very helpful. I haven't had a chance to be up here to reply to all of you. But wanted to say to everyone from the bottom of my heart thank you. I have been dealing with a lot of stuff over the past couple months and never get time to even get up here. But I have read all that ya'll wrote and i know i am going to have to find some way to get some me time in order to be the best mommy i can.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jacqueline777
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 9:45 PM

We just came off an entire week of crazy.  I have a 16 year old that acts like a thee year old.  I wish I could understand her way of thinking.  All I know is I take advantage of her time at school, and get myself ready for the evening.  I am new to this site, but I think having others who understand helps a lot.  Good luck to you.

Mirmir1986
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 8:07 PM

Hugs to you momma! it really does help to have people who understand what you are going thru and can try and give support even if it is just a internet hug! big smile mini Welcome to the group! I am new myself and don't get up here as much as I would like. But live gets you and you never have a second to stop. I wish you luck to hun.

Quoting jacqueline777:

We just came off an entire week of crazy.  I have a 16 year old that acts like a thee year old.  I wish I could understand her way of thinking.  All I know is I take advantage of her time at school, and get myself ready for the evening.  I am new to this site, but I think having others who understand helps a lot.  Good luck to you.

newday68
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 10:53 PM
1 mom liked this

I was a single mom, with both depression and anxiety, like you. So I do know where you are. I had day's I just wanted to run away so fast and far, that no one could ever find me! But I knew Like you that my sweet son needed me and, I was his true explanation of the real world. Who else had the privledge to know him in this way.

Never ever feel guilty for taking time for you! You are just as important as your child! If you break down mentally or physically who will be there for Aaden? So, remember to do things for yourself! special meal,movie,picnic,craft project or whatever you can sqeeze in ,in your little moment's. Although soaking in a tub is sometimes relaxing,Make sure it dose'nt  become a habit of "why me, sulking"hugs I wish you all the luck in the world. My son is 20 now and we still have our issues.Make friends that understand.

Sincerely,

Alinda

busymommy98
by Member on Jan. 18, 2013 at 6:58 PM

Oh girl, been there done that. I feel your pain. My son is  now and was diagnosed with PDD/Aspergers' NOS. We have had some tough times. It is never easy. How old is your child? Also, where are you from? Our school district offered my son preschool paid for and run by the district so he could be where he needs to be when kindergarten rolled around. Ask your school district what they can do for you. Good luck girl! One moment at a time. It is all we can do. I will be praying for you...

ifshecouldspeak
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 9:37 PM
1 mom liked this

At the moment I have no good advice, but I feel your pain girl

Mirmir1986
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 11:21 PM
2 moms liked this

Hey ladies! Just wanted to update, I took all ya'lls advice and came up with a plan to help get me some me time. My cousins wife is a personnel trainer. She is going to help me get my butt back in shape. I have gained so much weight from the depression( I eat a lot more when i am depressed). So this is going to be my me time!  It's going to be like boot camp lol but it will be sometime where I can really focus on me.  just one thing,  Instead of the normal mom mind. Running a million miles a hour, also going to be doing some yoga in between those workouts. I used to do it all the time and it made me feel sooo much better. The stress would just melt away. So thank you guys again for all your replies and advice it really really means alot to know I am not alone. I wish I had more time to be up here I feel it would help me even more to make friends with  mommies  that go thru what i do. but we all know how that goes as well :)group hugTo all the mommies we will get thru this, As my grandmother used to always tell me this to shall pass. That's  what keeps me going most days. Knowing that every day isn't going to be terrible. Like today Aaden is finally telling me he loves me when I say it to him, I have been waiting since he started talking good a year ago to hear those words. it's the things like that, that remind me why I go thru hell and back for him :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)