Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

ALL I can say is thank you Lord.

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:33 PM
  • 8 Replies
3 moms liked this

My little girl Payton just turn four years old a week ago I have three older kids and she was always a little different. My mom was the one who said just to be on the safe side get her looked at and last year I lost my mom to cancer so I put it off. But people were always asking about the meltdowns and her delayed in speech and potty training . And thats when I remeber what my mom said to me so I did just that had her tested at the center.And yes she had autism i was a little shocked but I was ok with it I myself have biplor and if could deal with that hell I could deal with this. She has beeen doing better since school and therpy she is now potty trained playing more with kids still does  not like toys lol. And her speech has also has inproved. Well I appled for ssi four months ago and thank you Jesus she was approved i was told today and all I can say is thank you lord and mom.

by on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
letstalk747
by Silver Member on Jan. 8, 2013 at 10:35 PM

wonderful

blessedhappymom
by on Jan. 9, 2013 at 12:06 AM
That's great news! Our Lord provides for all out needs.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
DJT721
by Member on Jan. 9, 2013 at 12:18 AM
1 mom liked this

Great news.  If you don't mind me asking, do they base SSI on income or diagnosis?  My son's speech therapist encouraged me to apply a few months ago before an official diagnosis.  They told me no because my husband made too much.  He makes enough for us to get by without being in debt and it still requires pitching pennies with not many extras.  We do have a membership to the children's museum which was a birthday gift.  Other than that there are so many things that would improve our lives.   We don't have a fence and live in a busy city.  My son darts off easily so playing outside is impossible.  He also loves swimming which we can only do a drop in class occasionally.  Being able to join the Y and take weekly classes would be wonderful too.   Are these the type of things people generally use ssi for or do people put it aside for thier children's long term needs?  Another social worker told me to re-apply once I got a diagnosis and I should get it but I'm not sure. 

terri-553
by Terri on Jan. 9, 2013 at 10:40 AM

Yeah,for you,Every little bit of money helps,This I know as my g/son has Austism.It is quite the jounery isn;t it??

lucasmadre
by Kari on Jan. 9, 2013 at 1:58 PM

Honey every one of us has our burden, she is a beautiful little girl and I bet with help she is going to do just fine. She sounds like she just needs a little help...and who doesn't.

I am sorry you lost your mom, not right or fair but that doesn't change anything. Maybe she is watching out for your special little girl and helping her along the way...I like to think that is what the people we loose do to stay in touch.

Good luck sweetie, you have your hands full with all those kids! I only have one so I can't imagine four!  XO

Autiziumom
by Ana on Jan. 9, 2013 at 10:03 PM
Yes thank God!
bird846
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 3:33 AM

Yes reply

Lilbit0700
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 6:57 AM

AWESOME !!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)