Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

HI

Posted by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 11:57 PM
  • 5 Replies

Hi Im new here trying to figure out everything.....My son Is 10 and he has Autism...Im trying to figure out things I can do for him....trying to find programs and resources in my state to help me.. at first I thought I could do it without it.. now I know that I have got to find help...there is so much I dont understand...so I am on a mission to try to find out more so that I can see him suceed in life..

by on Jan. 11, 2013 at 11:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
amonkeymom
by Amy on Jan. 12, 2013 at 4:47 PM

Welcome to the group!  Have you talked with his doctor/therapist on things that you can do?  What do his teachers say?

What does your son want to do?

Have you checked out autismspeaks.org to see if there are any support groups in your area?

lucasmadre
by Kari on Jan. 12, 2013 at 6:37 PM
1 mom liked this

I think we all know that feeling, wanting so badly to help and not knowing exactly what to do first or at all. Each step you take will get you closer to getting your son everything he needs, you can't do it all in a day or a week. It is a long process. This group is a good step. Talking to the head of special ed at your school is a good step, finding support for you is so important (and you will find that here.) Take out one book from the library on autism, ask a few questions here...bit by bit you will put together a plan to help him.

Don't forget the power of love, even when these kids can't express love readily they can sure feel it. Tell him every day he is smart and capable and how proud you are of what he has accomplished. We are here for you...xo good luck in your journey!!!!

baileymomma77
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 4:37 AM

thank yall 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN