Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Overwhelmed and Very tired..........

Posted by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:39 AM
  • 4 Replies
Right now I'm feeling exstremly overwhelmed with my life I have 2 beautiful children my oldest is 7 and my youngest 2 with PDD-NOS, SPD, Visually Impaired and a lot of other complexed medical issues, a wonderful husband, well we live with my mom and her significant other so we can help them keep up the mortgage payment. My sister has just lost custody of her 2 kids so my mom has taken them in so we don't lose them which is fine don't get me wrong I love my niece 2 and nefew 4 with all by heart and never want to lose them to the foster care system but I'm starting to feel over my head with all care they need due to emotional issues they have plus my nefhew also has ADHD and ODD, on top of the care my own special need little one requires I am the only primemry care giver to all 4 since everyone else in the house works full time so it seems like I never get a break they are always fight or hitting some one screaming and crying by husband is a Aspie so when he is home he disappers into the the bedroom to play his war game cause he cant handle the caoticness of the house and the same for my mom sigificant other hither not a aspie and my mom is tired when she gets home she tries to help but is sometime short witheveryone I myself suffer from ADHD and have a hard time focucing on things for long priories of time and being organzied so sorry if I'm not making much since I guess I just sorta fell alone in a caotic house full of people I feel very tired and I haven't been sleeping well and when I do finally fall asleep someone or thing wakes me up weather it be one of the kids or my sons feeding pump and tommrow is more appointments and more fighting crying whineing and caotic living like I said I am feeling more than a little OVERWHELMED thank for letting me vent and reading this
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:49 AM
Hugs. My 2 year old is PDD-NOS, some sensory issues (SPD has not been officially diagnosed) and visually impaired as well. I have 3 other kids 2 older and one younger. I don't have words of wisdom, just hugs.
Reinke_Mommy
by on Jan. 14, 2013 at 1:55 AM
Thanks for the hugs!!!

Quoting 03071012:

Hugs. My 2 year old is PDD-NOS, some sensory issues (SPD has not been officially diagnosed) and visually impaired as well. I have 3 other kids 2 older and one younger. I don't have words of wisdom, just hugs.
Macphee
by Silver Member on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:36 AM

Hugs.

It sounds as if you need a break. I know that everyone else works all day, but maybe on a weekend, you can tell them that you need a day for yourself.

I would say that four toddlers is a lot of cooped up energy indoors. I don't know if its cold or not where you are, but take them outside... have a race, something. Some people don't believe in it, but I schedule for my kids to jump on the bed to get energy out. We will also pillow fight, or roll balls around. But anyway it goes, you really deserve a break, even 1/2 day to yourself. Good luck.

I have two boys that were 15 months apart. First born is PDD, nos, sensory issues, etc. Second born simply has a lot of energy. I also watched my older niece who has delays, and a younger niece. I let them run as much as they wanted in the mornings. We would time and see who could hop the longest. We listened to music, then snack; and quiet time. I play classical music on youtube to help soothe their brains. Most of the time, they would play quietly with toys or books, while I tried to get stuff done.

They also loved piling up pillows and taking turns jumping in the middle. I noticed that my kids and nieces would try to outdo each other with the screaming.

P.S. I watch a guilty pleasure show to take a break. Meditation, yoga, relaxation, maybe a hot bath at the end of the day.

lucasmadre
by Kari on Jan. 14, 2013 at 10:57 AM

Sometimes you just have to ask for what you need. If you sit down the adults in your household and tell them all that you are feeling like you are completely depleted maybe they can ban together and help you. I see an overnight in a local hotel or a spa massage or facial...whatever makes you feel cared for. I love just going to the library for a few hours because it is so quiet and I love looking through books...think of something that would help and then just ask for it. They may surprise you! Sleep is vital too...you need to be able to get some sleep sometime. How long do you thing you will have your sister's kids?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)