Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

Welcome to Autism: Support Across the Spectrum! Please introduce yourself... Get started here!

Posted by   + Show Post

Hi,

Thank you for joining the Autism: Support Across the Spectrum group!

This is a great place to find support, advice and friendship from other moms just like you!

You'll find moms chatting by posting and replying on the group. Please make yourself at home and join in!

• To add a New Post to a group, click on the "Add a Post" button at the top of the group.
  • To add a Reply to a post, click on the "Reply to Post' button at the top of the post you're replying to.
  • If you're responding to someone's reply, click on the "Quote" button at the bottom of the reply that you're commenting on and then add your reply.
  • Once you start posting and replying on the Groups, you can follow up on your conversations using the links under the 'My Activity' tab at the top of every page.

Please introduce yourself in the replies below and then say hello to some of the other moms who've introduced themselves recently. You can 'Quote' their replies so they know you're talking to them and you can 'Like' their replies, as well. Feel free to send out some friend invitations by clicking on the 'friend Invite' link at the bottom of their reply.

If you have any questions, please let me know. I'm always happy to help!

have a nice day  Amy

PS - Here are some helpful links: 

If you ever have a question or need any help, feel free to send me a private message. 

We really want you to have a great time in this group!

by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 4:51 PM
Replies (21-30):
klaytonmom2011
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 11:29 PM
2 moms liked this
Hi, my name is brittany. Im a newly divorced single mom to an almost 4 year old boy, klayton. He was dx in july. Also has speech disorder, severe sensory, odd, and auditory processing. Hes in daily special ed amongst other therapies. We are having difficulty with his dad, he doesnt believe theres anything wrong with him and refusues to participate or help with the costs. But my boy is such a beautiful, sweet gift and thankfull every day for him. Hi all!!!!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
tcont2000
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 10:16 AM
2 moms liked this

hello. I am the mom of a 30 yr.old son who was born w/out eyes ( bilateral anopthalmia), is incontinent of bowel & bladder, has seizure disorder, non-verbal, severe developmental delays, aggression, and self injurious behaviors. trying to decide if behaviors are from autisim or are blindisms. Would like to share info and possibly learn  from any other moms who have a situation like this.

Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Jan. 20, 2013 at 2:13 PM

Welcome to the group Kimberly!

Quoting kimberly1981:

Hello, my name is Kimberly. I am 31 and married (for 12 years) to an over the road truck driver. I am a stay at home (homeschooling) mom of 2 amazing boys with Autism Spectrum Disorders. They are 4 and 11.

Cafe AmyS

Hi Brittany, welcome to the group!  

Quoting klaytonmom2011:

Hi, my name is brittany. Im a newly divorced single mom to an almost 4 year old boy, klayton. He was dx in july. Also has speech disorder, severe sensory, odd, and auditory processing. Hes in daily special ed amongst other therapies. We are having difficulty with his dad, he doesnt believe theres anything wrong with him and refusues to participate or help with the costs. But my boy is such a beautiful, sweet gift and thankfull every day for him. Hi all!!!!

Cafe AmyS

Hi there, welcome to the group!

Quoting tcont2000:

hello. I am the mom of a 30 yr.old son who was born w/out eyes ( bilateral anopthalmia), is incontinent of bowel & bladder, has seizure disorder, non-verbal, severe developmental delays, aggression, and self injurious behaviors. trying to decide if behaviors are from autisim or are blindisms. Would like to share info and possibly learn  from any other moms who have a situation like this.

VeroKarr
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 2:34 PM
2 moms liked this

Hi. My name's Veronica. I'm originally form Chile. I've been in the US for the last 8 years. Now we're living in Texas. My husband has AS. And we have a beautiful 3.9 year old (or young?) daughter with ASD and a 15 month old wonderful son. My daughter's going to Preschool.

Cafe AmyS
by Head Admin on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:34 AM
1 mom liked this

Welcome to the group Veronica!

Quoting VeroKarr:

Hi. My name's Veronica. I'm originally form Chile. I've been in the US for the last 8 years. Now we're living in Texas. My husband has AS. And we have a beautiful 3.9 year old (or young?) daughter with ASD and a 15 month old wonderful son. My daughter's going to Preschool.

JJ20132010
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:42 AM
2 moms liked this

Hi, I am a mother of 4, two adult kids and two school age boys (7 and 5 years old).  My 7-year-old has autism.  He was diagnosed when he was around 2 years of age.  LIfe is getting difficult as he gets older (and bigger) and looking for friends and support.

~ JJ ~

nerdy

mlt275
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 10:14 PM
2 moms liked this

Hi, I have four children.  Gabe is the youngest and recently its been suggested that I seek out a professional who can diagnose Aspergers.  Gabe is in first grade.  School work is difficult.  We are searching for hobbies and friends outside of school.

Stargatesg1girl
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 2:26 PM
2 moms liked this

Hi my name is Cassondra i have a 4 year old son who was recently diagnosed with autism

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN