Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

Does your child go to a preschool autism class that is ABA based?

Posted by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 10:00 AM
  • 38 Replies

My son right now is in a non-cat SN preschool, but in march they will transfer him to the aba class.

i personally think his language skills are pretty good, not great. Less than average but he can hang with his NT peers in that respect.

But his self-regulation skills are horrible. Sitting and working on something he needs one-on-one, etc. Circle time is so hard for him, etc. So they decided for the PAC class for him. i can't wait until march!

by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 10:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
NJMommaK
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 10:57 AM
3 moms liked this

My son began early intervention with ABA, they still use ABA and he is in 6th grade.  I believe wholeheartedly in ABA.  

JTMOM422
by Brenda on Jan. 19, 2013 at 11:45 AM
1 mom liked this

My child gets ABA at home and will be going to preschool this year. I am not quite sure what his preschool will be like but am going to ask if it is ABA based it would be wonderful if it was

Momof5Boys610
by Ann on Jan. 19, 2013 at 3:10 PM
2 moms liked this
My son is not in an ABA preschool and I am glad for that. I am NOT a fan of ABA at all. I do not like the techniques or strategies they employ with ABA. I found it to be much to agressive and it's definetly not for my son.
MomOfOneCoolKid
by Gold Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 9:43 PM

Quoting Momof5Boys610:

My son is not in an ABA preschool and I am glad for that. I am NOT a fan of ABA at all. I do not like the techniques or strategies they employ with ABA. I found it to be much to agressive and it's definetly not for my son.

Yeah, some kids actually regress with ABA :(

Thankfully, ds seems to take to it. We'll see when he finally starts and i can observe him in his classroom and see if he digs it.

marcie1455
by Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 11:37 PM
1 mom liked this

My son got ABA at home, before starting pre-K.  When he started pre-k his school did not offer it, but his case was bad enought that he receives services at home two days a week. (Thank Goodness)

mommyto3121405
by Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 7:52 PM
1 mom liked this

my dd gets aba in a sn classroom 

MissTacoBell
by Bronze Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 7:54 PM
1 mom liked this
What's aba?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MomOfOneCoolKid
by Gold Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 8:13 PM
Iksa
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 9:42 PM
1 mom liked this

My son got aba in preschool for two years, but now that he is in 1st grade he doesn't get aba,  his don't have aba just service related like speech ot and pt.  He's been doing great without it.

AMom29
by Bronze Member on Jan. 29, 2013 at 7:23 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't think so.  It's an Autism-specific class, but I don't know that they use ABA.  His dr. has recommended he get some ABA therapy outside of school.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)