Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

Preschool. Finally listen to me !

Posted by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 10:09 AM
  • 4 Replies

So a lot of you know Jacob is 4years old and has autism.  No one doing job. Even at iep meeting we want notes from  teacher, ot, speech on how he doing. Only 1note from ot and teacher don't talk to me.  And speech I don't know what her problem is. Oh wait he thinks he fine. Our 1year old talks more then his big brother. So anyway I got told from other speech lady that deals with chase that Jacob talking more.she was like they don't tell you ? No !  So I guess I'm dealing with a lot. All of us sick and I'm having my own health problems and on Pms. I'm a bitch. Cause I called boss of special Ed. I said no  one telling us stuff. So I said I want video of him. So we can see how he doing. The lady like well other kids and some parents don't want kids on video and we cant know names. I really don't get that. Ok fine I know for some therapy they pull him out of class so video tape that.  So yesterday she calls me to say they will get him on video. And she thinks every month we will have meetings. Just so we can get an update.on how he doing and what they working on. 1st meeting wednes day. We all sick. My boyfriend thinks it funny they finally listen to me. He said I need to be on my bad week and be a bitch to deal with this preschool. I guess the rest of time Im too nice. I just wanted to share. 

by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 10:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
letstalk747
by Silver Member on Jan. 19, 2013 at 2:01 PM

monthly meetings thats good

thanks for sharing , keep us posted , ok

utahchicky
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 4:10 PM

hi kiddo, dont give up get mad, yell scream or what ever it takes, what really helped us was getting the local news  interested in the schools reaction. alot of schools DO NOT HAVE THE TRAINING NEEDED. IF YOU ARE HAVING THIS PROBLEM SO ARE OTHER MOTHERS.The more attation thrown at the school the better Unite with others. In this area  maybe the squeeky wheel does get the oil.lol. we were living in the dark ages in the 70s. but things are changing all the time. washington st has a wonderful program set up. where do you live,  hugs gma

utahchicky
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 4:16 PM

dont give up yell scream draw attention to the school through the news  school board what ever. hugs gma

GELiz
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 6:33 PM

Mom's are the advocates. Every child needs an advocate in schools.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN