Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

Help

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 7:35 PM
  • 5 Replies

Our son loves go in bathroom before shower last two days refuse sit on potty moderate autism hardly talks !! He had had success but won't sit on potty with hubby wonder what do should let if we get him in morning program yep try potty train I am so frustrated 

by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 7:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
amandae21
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 9:34 PM

How old?

Mpiggy4u
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 6:08 AM

3 years old 

tictacmama
by Arlea on Jan. 22, 2013 at 1:01 PM
1 mom liked this

Talk to the school about the issues and see what they say. As for potty training, keep at it and try to be flexible with your training style. If something isn't working anymore than go with another approach. I have a 3 1/2 yo ASD son and we are still working on it. However, the more I keep at it, the better he is getting. I once tried just stopping training till he was ready for about five months and he just stopped trying. So now I stick with it even if it is fustrating for me. Good Luck!

VioletsMomTown
by Robyn on Jan. 22, 2013 at 7:26 PM

My daughter has an aide at school, she is 4 and we are still working on potty training. Her aide will help change her thoughout the day. Its pretty common with autism, our kids take a bit longer to learn...

TheJerseyGirl
by Michele on Jan. 23, 2013 at 6:39 AM
1 mom liked this

Potty training is frustrating with ANY child but even more so with our ASD kids! I have no magic answer except that I was very persistent and patient...eventually he'll understand and get it!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)