Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

need advice, constant crying and apartment living

Posted by   + Show Post

so as most of you know, jude crys all the time, and scream over everything

we can not find a house to live in around here,

we could probably find an apartment but im terrified of living in one, and having a son who screams constantly

im worried that it would cause alot of calls from neighbors to cps, or something like that because of him always screaming and crying over everything

so those of you with constant cryiers, do you live in apartments?

have you ever had problems?

by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 8:06 PM
Replies (11-13):
KatyTylersMom
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 1:49 AM
1 mom liked this

You can always write a nice letter with links to sites about autism, explaining Jude's condition, put your phone number on there and say if anyone has questions or problems to please call you b/c you're very open to talking about your beautiful fun son, that he's going to have a hard time at first because of the change and autism hates changes, etc. and just kind of make you and your son PEOPLE to them - not strangers:)

JTMOM422
by Brenda on Jan. 22, 2013 at 5:46 PM

Apartment living isn't easy in general. I remember my downstairs neighbor called and complained to housing ( we are military) that my ex husbands alarm was too loud in the mornings and when he shaved and hit the sink with his razor it woke their kids up. LOL oh yeah and my dog was loud when he walked around in the apartment at night. Not his barking or whining but his walking. 

I think if you have to move to an apartment I would try for a first floor at the end of the building if at all possible. I would let the apartment manager know of Jude's dx so maybe they can run interference if there are any complaints. Good luck to all of you

Autiziumom
by Ana on Jan. 22, 2013 at 7:26 PM
No I'm sorry but u could speaK with ur neighbors and just tell them. I have and actually they r very helpful with him! Very understanding! Good luck!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)