Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

Help

Posted by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:24 PM
  • 7 Replies

I took my daughter to the hospital for a very violent outburst on Sunday and they admitted her to the behaviorial unit until today.They did blood work and psychological testing(didn't find anything new) but her labs came back and said she was malnourished.They have now called DFS on me.I have lots of issues getting her to eat alot of foods she will not eat any meat nor alot of other things.What do I tell these people.She is 15 and has access to all the food she wants but refuses to eat alot and complains that her stomach hurts all the time.Have had every test can think of done on her stomach and found nothing.Not sure what else I can do I sure can't force her to eat things she don't want.

by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
MomOfOneCoolKid
by Gold Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:44 PM

I would tell them just what you wrote here.

Hugs mom.

dawncs
by Dawn on Jan. 23, 2013 at 3:17 PM

Have you thought of getting in touch with a gasterenterologist and testing for Celiac's Disease? It can cause problems with the stomach and intestine very easy. I used to have a ton of issues when I ate wheat for years, but I never realized it. It is an allergy for wheat, rye, barley, malt, and processed oats. You can read more about it at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coeliac_disease and http://www.celiac.org/.

Dawn
Beautifully Talanted Autistic Social Story Author
Diagnosed Asperger Syndrome as an adult
Diagnosed Edema (since young)
Author Page: http://www.toyboxunlimited.com/ (has discounts)

VioletsMomTown
by Robyn on Jan. 23, 2013 at 4:03 PM

I agree it could be celiacs, you could just try a grain free diet like GAPS or SCD which has no gluten. They use those diets for a lot of gastointestinal issues and find it helps. I make green smoothies for my daughter, she gets all she needs in those whether she wants to eat much or not

Violet's Mom

Twitter @autismnotebook

lonelygirl_72
by Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 4:09 PM

We had her tested for celiacs a couple years ago and it came back negative What are the green smoothies violetsmomtown how do i make those

Sheriff6
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 4:11 PM

Do you have the resources to get her to a DAN doctor?  Your daughter is most likely in digestive distress.  She probably is also malnourished because her system can't break down the food she does eat so it does not feed her body. 

I have a friend who has two i tires of her little boy one year apart.  One is before starting the GAPS diet and the second a year later.  He is so thin in the first a so healthy in the second.

will she cooperate with you at all?

She may start to eat if she sees what she eats won't cause her tummy to hurt.

Kathy

tylersmom7
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 4:31 PM

thats pretty harsh of them!! People really do not understand!

lonelygirl_72
by Member on Jan. 23, 2013 at 5:24 PM

No they really do not understand  and thank you all I will check into some of these ideas

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)