Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hey homeschooling moms (and non too if you know!)

Posted by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 3:19 AM
  • 8 Replies
1 mom liked this

I need to get DD a ball to use as a chair (one of those excersize balls) her therapist says it works REALLY great in her office. 

But i have NO IDEA what size i should get her! 

She is 9. average height for a 9 year old. 

Does anyone know? 

I want to order it online. but if i cant find out the answer i will just take her with me to the store and find one that fits well. 

by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 3:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
JTMOM422
by Brenda on Jan. 24, 2013 at 8:37 AM

Call the office and ask the therapist what size it is. I bought one of those balls they sit and bounce on. My ds does not understand it yet so I may have to get the exercise ball too

MomOfOneCoolKid
by Gold Member on Jan. 24, 2013 at 2:59 PM

I have no idea, but I love your profile pic! i think i've seen an online store about OT stuff. I'll see if I can dig it up :)

amonkeymom
by Amy on Jan. 24, 2013 at 4:06 PM

I'm thinking probably a small or medium.  I believe they have the weights/heights listed on the box.

amandae21
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 4:39 PM

I would think a regular sized ball would work okay for desk height. My 9yo dd isn't much shorter than me and a standard ball would probably be a little small for me. I'd feel like my legs are crunched up. She isn't ASD, but I do homeschool her.

arschell-eudy
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 6:21 PM

I think it's best to ask the OT cause those people have experience they know better!

JP-StrongForTwo
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 12:05 AM

Thank you all. We figured it out :) 55cm ball is perfectly sized :) 

Tina51097
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 8:40 AM

My son Trevor is 15, and loves the ball. His OT therpist said to get a ball that when he sits on it his feet our flat on the floor. Hope this helps. 

Fergablu2
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 9:43 AM

Try the Integrations catalogue online. They sell all sizes of balls and something you put under them to hold them and use them as chairs.

Autism Mom since 2001
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)