Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

Not how I had hoped/ But FINALLY!!!

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:17 AM
  • 7 Replies

Because my DS officially got kicked out of his daycare / preschool for his aggression, I have finally convinced the doc to do the official Autsim/ ADHD evaluation. This is something that has been in the works for some time, and we have just had to follow sooo many different paths, and steps, and FINALLY we go on the 31st to get our answers, the official diagnosis (whatever it may be) and hopefully a plan of action to get things better controlled before his little brother arrives in May!!! I cannot tell you how big of a relief this is to me. I just wish it could have happened before he was kicked out of this daycare that I think was the best place for him to be. Oh well, guess sometimes, things just work in different ways for different reasons. 

by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
lucasmadre
by Kari on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:34 AM

Hang in the honey, it will all work out. Take care of that little one inside you along with your son and most importantly you. The evaluation will give you the tools to get him what he needs...good luck on the 31st...thanks for the update. I am thinking of you!!  xo

CollinMommy
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:36 AM

thank you sooo much!! I would be lost without Cafemom to turn to!!! you have all made this sooo much easier for me!! you are my saving grace!!! 

Quoting lucasmadre:

Hang in the honey, it will all work out. Take care of that little one inside you along with your son and most importantly you. The evaluation will give you the tools to get him what he needs...good luck on the 31st...thanks for the update. I am thinking of you!!  xo

lucasmadre
by Kari on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:42 AM
1 mom liked this

It is so nice to have this place to turn and these other moms that get it. Keep us posted!  xo

MomOfOneCoolKid
by Gold Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 5:34 PM

i'm glad he is going to get his dx. :)

i know good doors will open for you mom. hang tight.

MomOfOneCoolKid
by Gold Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 5:34 PM

Quoting lucasmadre:

ditto!

LIMom1105
by Silver Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 5:43 PM
Glad this is moving forward, and I hope you get some answers soon. Once you know how to help him, it will get better.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Bluerose1482
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 11:07 PM

So glad the process is happening for you.  Will his daycare reconsider him if he has a DX and is in therapy?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN