Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

interesting

Posted by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 1:29 AM
  • 6 Replies
2 moms liked this

so i knew jude had progressed, but i hadnt really thought much into it, as to just how much he had progressed.

well i use to keep track of his progress or decline through some online screenings.

well tonight i retook the pdd-nos assesment and he use to score around 156 and today he scored a 102!!!

which is classified as moderate pdd (but only 2 points from  mild)

and i also retook the healthism autism screen for todders, he use to score a 60 and today he scored a 49!

27 and below is NT, and 51 is average autism, so this is good as well.

I love seeing the scores lower.

hopefully this chaos with moving doesnt push him back to far, but ill keep optimistic and hang in there with whatevers to come.

on another note, i can't believe in only 4 months hes gunna be 3!! and in only 6 months he will be in school!, time needs to slow down!!!!!!!!!!!!

by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 1:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Gloria1025
by Bronze Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 6:43 AM

BUMP!

Bobsie
by Bronze Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 9:25 PM
What's the website you go to.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
JTMOM422
by Brenda on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:27 PM

I would like to know what the site is that you are using too. I would like to see where my son stands on that chart. Thanks

Bluerose1482
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:33 PM

Great job!  I think it is a great idea to use something objective to monitor progress. 

jb022210
by Bronze Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 12:15 PM

i use childbrain.com and healthism they both have screenings

Macphee
by Bronze Member on Jan. 27, 2013 at 12:29 PM

Amazing Jude's mom.

Anytime our ASD guys and girls improve, it is such a victory. You can only imagine how tough it is for us for daily tasks. Imagine how tough it is for them.

I know my son is thinking, these people are stupid with their need for arts and crafts, pretend play. The world is made of science concepts and mathematical logic. This is why his 6 year old self prefers 9 and/or 10 year olds. Imaginative play has to be concrete.

Would you mind sharing the website where you give him the test? I'd like to try my son out on it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)