Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Autism - Support Across the Spectrum Autism - Support Across the Spectrum

Where, specifically, can i get vitamins and minerals that dan docs recommend?

Posted by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 6:04 PM
  • 8 Replies

Okay, its true. i'm trying to save the money from going to a dan doc.

I know a lot of you buy the vitamins and minerals from your dan docs, but is there another way to get them?

by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 6:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
amonkeymom
by Amy on Jan. 26, 2013 at 6:13 PM
1 mom liked this

Maybe Whole Foods or Sprouts Farmer's Market?

JTMOM422
by Brenda on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:27 PM
1 mom liked this

Do you know what vitamins and minerals they recommend? I am interested in starting ds on some of these to see if they help also I remembered that you once posted a vitamin that you use with your ds. It was a gummy vitamin can I please get the name of it. Thanks

lfig720
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:44 PM
1 mom liked this

I never saw a DAN doc, but I give my son vitamins from Kirkman Labs.  From what I researched online and with different autism sites, this lab is recommended by them.  Also there is another forum Biomed Mammas, and they were able to help me alot too.

MomOfOneCoolKid
by Gold Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:45 PM

Quoting JTMOM422:

Do you know what vitamins and minerals they recommend? I am interested in starting ds on some of these to see if they help also I remembered that you once posted a vitamin that you use with your ds. It was a gummy vitamin can I please get the name of it. Thanks

sure. they are dha vita-gummies. i bought these: http://www.vitacost.com/lil-critters-omega-3-dha-gummy-fish-assorted-fruit-flavors-120-gummies?csrc=GPF-PA-027917014340&ci_sku=027917014340&ci_gpa=pla&ci_kw={keyword}&gclid=CM6Kiq2mh7UCFQ-e4AodOVgAew#

I buy them sometimes at walmart, sometimes at target, sometimes at costco... but i am going to switch to these: Vitacost Omega Fishies For Kids - 200 mg DHA per serving -- 120 Chewable Softgels

http://www.vitacost.com/vitacost-omega-fishies-for-kids-200-mg-dha-per-serving-120-chewable-softgels

its 200mg of dha (vitacost) vs 32mg with the little critters. I give my son like 6 to 8 of the little critter ones. a lot more than supposed to, but it works

MomOfOneCoolKid
by Gold Member on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:47 PM

Quoting lfig720:

I never saw a DAN doc, but I give my son vitamins from Kirkman Labs.  From what I researched online and with different autism sites, this lab is recommended by them.  Also there is another forum Biomed Mammas, and they were able to help me alot too.

awesome. but what specific vitamins and minerals have you given your kid?

lfig720
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:03 PM
1 mom liked this

I bought the Spectrum Complete one

lfig720
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:04 PM
1 mom liked this

http://kirkmanlabs.com/ProductKirkman/682/1/Product%20Details/

KatyTylersMom
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 3:53 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm happy to send the list and what each is for but you have to understand that our doc has my son taking some supplements for specific issues he has which your kid may not need.  An easy start is methyl B12 shots, a good multi we like ASD powder from Lee Silsby, fish oils, a great probiotic we use kartzinel wellness brand, fiber again kartzinel wellness, and Epsom salt baths every night 1/2 cup to start.  

Quoting MomOfOneCoolKid:

Quoting lfig720:

awesome. but what specific vitamins and minerals have you given your kid?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN